Driver training S. Wales

ballcock

Can any one recommend a good, reasonably priced off road tuition centre or tutor in the S. Wales or west country area for a small club group? Covering general off road techniques and winch recovery with a recognised qualification at the end.

Many thanks just looked them up on google and found a company in Coleford Gloucestershire. I shall contact them and find out more information. Does any body have any experience of Whitecliff offroad centre. Also All terrain services in Swansea. any experiences would be use full.

I did a days BORDA training at Whitecliff back in Feb as part of 4x4 response training. It was a very good day, nice people, nice site and would definitely recommend it. The course covers all the basic maneuvers such as hill climbs & descents, failed hill climbs, side slopes, crossing ditches, etc.

Will definitely recommend Jumbo - if you do ask him if he remembers someone turning up with a lab that figured out the best place for it was wedged between the seat and my mum :-)

I remember his tuition started with a Lego model to demonstrate various axles, diffs etc.

Wood Park in Pembrokshire, talk to Jumbo. Been for a long weekend camping with him, fantastic time, even if it did barely stop raining!

Will definitely recommend Jumbo - if you do ask him if he remembers someone turning up with a lab that figured out the best place for it was wedged between the seat and my mum :-)

I remember his tuition started with a Lego model to demonstrate various axles, diffs etc.

Richard is a good instructor with the patience of a saint and some varied terrain - and if you hurry it is not raining at this moment (21:18 pm)

Peter.