Winch and transfer box pump. What are they worth?

I've finally found some time to start stripping bits off my 110 ready to swap its gearbox.

The floor and tunnel are out and most of the hydraulics for the winch are off.

Once the winch, bumper and pump are off i'll look get rid of them.

The winch is a ramsey - i'd need to check the paperwork that came with the 110 for the details but from memory i think it's an 8000lb. No idea what the pto pump is yet. There's an oil cooler radiator and a large (25L+) reservoir tank.

What's a sensible price to offer these for?

£475 gets you a brand new pto adapter and say £200 for a new pump? Add in all the new pipes and valve and it costs a fair bit. An install like yours might have cost £4k new?

Factor in that it's a worm winch and that it's second hand, and the guy on ebay who is asking £800 is probably about right as; priced-to-sell. Doesn't seem enough though?

£475 gets you a brand new pto adapter and say £200 for a new pump? Add in all the new pipes and valve and it costs a fair bit. An install like yours might have cost £4k new?

Factor in that it's a worm winch and that it's second hand, and the guy on ebay who is asking £800 is probably about right as; priced-to-sell. Doesn't seem enough though?

If i'd paid 4K to have it all fitted i'd be upset if it was only worth 800 +vat now. :o

Hopefully i'll find some more time over the weekend to get the rest of it off. It has some rev raiser and electric stop that needs un-plumbing. Perhaps i'll fix the leaking vents whilst i've got the dash off. :rofl:

I'll post pictures and more detail once everything is off and ready to go to a new home.

I may be interested in the E-stop and rev raiser system if you do sell it all the value for the main parts is prob about right

somewhere between £800 and £1000 , you may make more selling the parts separately . The winch itself is often found on the back

of beavertail lorries for recovery or plant moving

cheers

Steveb

SteveB - I've got the rev raiser with mine if you have an urgent need, at this rate it'll be fossilised before I get round to finding out it won't fit :ph34r: although it is kinda buried at the moment.

CwazyWabbit - the hydro gen was quite neat, sold it to a forumer as it happens, and after a minor mis-connection incident he got it working.

Thanks Fridge , I'll have it when you find it , it's not urgent though . Get the winch on the 109 , you'll wonder how you managed without one once it's installed :) . My 109 was on the road for 2yrs before I got round to finishing the winch install. I had one of the hyd gensets that I bought from a forumeer and

ended up passing on to another forumeer without using it , but a nice bit of kit -3kva 240v / 110v .

cheers

Steveb

Mine was only 110v or I'd probably have kept it as it was a pukka bit of kit.

Cwazywabbit: You can build one, you just need a genny with a dead engine and a hydraulic motor and some hammers ;) Mine had a hydraulic flow-regulator on it to keep the pump revs reasonably steady and a standard looking pump. That was about it!

Sounds simple enough, I do have a petrol genny that has an engine that is on it's last legs, might be something to have a play with when I get a chance. Also need to have a look at hydraulic flow regulators then, hadn't heard of those before.

Cheers :)

Bumper and winch are off only the PTO bit is left attached. I'll need to find a cover plate before i remove it, or sell it with the transfer box.

I've wrapped all the open ends of any hydraulics with shrink wrap to prevent any contamination.

Pics of what i have ended up with:

post-26972-0-27452200-1401576484_thumb.jpg

post-26972-0-49085300-1401576535_thumb.jpg

post-26972-0-56121000-1401576571_thumb.jpg

post-26972-0-74410100-1401576627_thumb.jpg

post-26972-0-29465700-1401576680_thumb.jpg

post-26972-0-36341800-1401576718_thumb.jpg