2007 57 landrover defender 110 CSW chassis v5 and vin plates

Lets face it they want 3k and will probably get it so someone can stick the ID on a stolen one, they may well have stripped the whole 2007 110 and rebuilt it on an older chassis to reduce tax but it seems a lot of work to save a few hundred a year .....

I report all the ones I come across whether it helps or not I don't know. I spent a day travelling to Leicester to collect a 110 rolling chassis to rebuild my 110 onto solely because it was supposedly legit only to find the V5 was for another chassis. I think his mate had rebuilt his onto the one chassis and they then tried selling the other on the wrong plate. A waste of my time and fuel.

It's been deleted rather than ended early though John, can the seller do that?

Hi Barry, I'm not sure to be honest, Surely if it's your advert then I would've thought so because what if you had it advertised in other places?

John

back again!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2007-Landrover-defender-110-CSW-bare-chassis-/111369555175?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19ee248ce7

If you have a 2007 CSW and its stolen in the next few weeks - its probably thanks to the merchant bankers above selling the ID's to help people ring stolen ones.

That VIN plate on the 110's advert is brand new and has been stamped using ordinary metal stamps-not the way it came from the factory-i.e: stamped from the reverse, I know you can get new VIN plates from certain suppliers on either e-bay or elsewhere but thats either someone who's knocked it up themselves or is as dodgy as the day is long-It's not even got any drill holes in the plate at top and bottom too.

I'd steer well clear unless the person selling can identify themselves as the actual owner or has some sort of photographic ID-e.g: a passport/ drivers licence, If I was looking to buy another chassis.

John

So with all the above negativity about chassis and vins being sold together could I ask your advice?

I bought a rotton G plate 110 hardtop earlier this year as well as a used td5 chassis in unbelievable condition.

The chassis was from a reputable breaker, sold with a receipt. The ad clearly stated that the chassis had no numbers and was being sold as a replacement or upgrade.

I stripped the 110, keeping only the axles, id and roof strangely with a view to building up the 110 on the new chassis.

My circumstances have changed and now I'm selling up but I'm worried how to sell as it might come across as dodgy although the 110 is sorned in my name.

Would the best bet be to scrap the 110 via the DVLA and sell the chassis with no id or hope to find someone with ideas to build one?

It's a bit hit and miss what people accept as genuine.

So with all the above negativity about chassis and vins being sold together could I ask your advice?

I bought a rotton G plate 110 hardtop earlier this year as well as a used td5 chassis in unbelievable condition.

The chassis was from a reputable breaker, sold with a receipt. The ad clearly stated that the chassis had no numbers and was being sold as a replacement or upgrade.

I stripped the 110, keeping only the axles, id and roof strangely with a view to building up the 110 on the new chassis.

My circumstances have changed and now I'm selling up but I'm worried how to sell as it might come across as dodgy although the 110 is sorned in my name.

Would the best bet be to scrap the 110 via the DVLA and sell the chassis with no id or hope to find someone with ideas to build one?

It's a bit hit and miss what people accept as genuine.

CT, as much as I don't disbelieve what you're saying, If the chassis was used then surely it'd have some sort of chassis numbers on it somewhere(front dumbirons the usual place) unless it was a replacement from say Richards chassis or similar and the previous owner hadn't bothered to stamp the chassis number into it,

John

CT, as much as I don't disbelieve what you're saying, If the chassis was used then surely it'd have some sort of chassis numbers on it somewhere(front dumbirons the usual place) unless it was a replacement from say Richards chassis or similar and the previous owner hadn't bothered to stamp the chassis number into it,

John