What exhaust for a 300tdi 110?

My whole exhaust system is rotting and will soon need replacing on my 1995 Defender 300tdi CSW 110.

I am considering the expensive stainless steel route. I'd like to increase mpg and unlike some I don't want noise!
What are the advantages of stainless apart from longevity, and what systems are recommended (and for what reason)?
If there's already a thread on this, I haven't found it!
thanks

I got a really quite competitive quote from double SS the other week inc postage, considering I replaced my system on my 90 new 3 years ago, some huge sections fell off the other day! - I priced up £180 for a steel one and SS quoted me £380 for a 200tdi 90 one (full) or a bit cheaper minus one of the boxes.

I got sent the price for a 110 too and that came in at £366 (full).

I've botched mine by welding in some new/old sections - juts waiting for a month with less outgoings and I'll be investing in SS...

For land Rovers I think the main advantage is the corrosion, you can get performance increases associated with SS from the only aspect of installing a custom manifold etc where you get even back pressure balance etc. So I'm not sure you'll find much info on any other benefits other than the obvious....

Double S are pretty much OK, though on some of their systems I've seen they've not used mandrels to form the bends so there's some reduction of cross-sectional-area.

The other outfit worth checking out are "Longlife" - they'll make a system to suit your requirements.

I have just had a 300tdi auto conversion on my '95 110 ex MOD FFR (was 2.5Na) and in the end went for a Griffin exhaust - haven't played fully yet but the quality is excellent and lifetime warranty plus they can tweak it to you needs. 3" pipe that doesn't wake the neighbours at 6am - I wanted better breathing, long term warranty and quality!

Customer service was excellent and I am looking forward to giving it a full review once I can get some proper miles on it and have some dials fitted for temp, boost, revs and egt ;)

Taffia.

I could sell you a Double S utility system, two sections have had half an hours use and the rear section has never been used.

History is I fitted it, didn't like the restrictive bends in the rear section, Double S remade the rear section (mandrel bent) but in the mean time I had gone out and bought a Griffin exhaust.

I'd like £200 if you are interested, my original ad was http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=84563

It's still in my shed somewhere as I never got around to putting it on ebay.

I have just had a 300tdi auto conversion on my '95 110 ex MOD FFR (was 2.5Na) and in the end went for a Griffin exhaust - haven't played fully yet but the quality is excellent and lifetime warranty plus they can tweak it to you needs. 3" pipe that doesn't wake the neighbours at 6am - I wanted better breathing, long term warranty and quality!

Customer service was excellent and I am looking forward to giving it a full review once I can get some proper miles on it and have some dials fitted for temp, boost, revs and egt ;)

Taffia.

Hmm I'm also rather aware of cost, how much did this cost you?