wright off road kit at exmoor trim?

If you use it every day I say yes. I had a long chat with Andrew when I ordered mine, he happily admitted that he has talked some people out of buying it because they only use the vehicle on odd weekends, so wouldn't really see the benefit. Very pleased with mine, it's still not down to modern car levels, but I don't think it ever can be. Bit of a swine to fit the main section, rest was easy though.

Let me know if you want Drew's contact details.

Andy

That would be great, thanks.

I'm not currently using it as much as I would like, but once I have got it shipshape it might share the commute sometimes. The reason I am considering it at the moment is that I am planning a longer trip with several hundred miles of motorway driving, which is pretty noisy in my poverty spec 90 hard top, so I am looking at all sorts of soundproofing options.

I have had two kits, and lined the back of my 109 in chequer plate patterned matching material from him (comes in 8x4' rolls). It's pretty effective at noise reduction, though some additional matting over the gear box and the tops of the foot wells would be of benefit, and looks exceptionally tidy. It's also very robust.

Don't use proprietary car cleaning products to clean it, just use warm water with a little washing up liquid - the silicone based car products leave a residue which over years creates a brown laquer that is a hell of a job to scrub off. I used a scrubbing brush and brake cleaner to get it off, and the matting has come up like new.

I think the Wright matting is superb! My Td5 was poverty spec with no soundproofing whatsoever and the matting is all it has now. I reckon it has halved the noise level in the cab - as well as looking very tidy! I'll buy another set for my next Defender when I buy it!

Si

Has anyone worked out a satisfactory way of incorporating it with an X-Defend pedal lock?

I just cut out a rectangle on the drivers side. Cut along the hinge line and remove about 10mm for the width of the hinge. The rectangle sits on top of the Pedal lock when it's stowed and behind it when it's locked.

I wasn't all that happy to cut up the mat - but I figured that I wanted to keep the 110, more than I wanted it in one piece! Aside from the gap over the hinge (and you could avoid that by cutting both pieces at an angle to leave a cavity for the hinge) it makes little difference to the appearance and none to the performance!

Si

Glad to hear it. One of the reasons I hadn't got round to getting a WOR kit.

I did wonder if it would be possible to raise the lock above the mat (ie bolt it to the floor with a 10mm spacer, or whatever thickness is required), so that the mat is permanently under it.