Best address for stainless brake pistons

henk

Time to rebuild the calipers of my 90 TD5 but after searching the forum and ebay for s/s pistons founds some suppliers:

- Zeus

- Autoparts

- Paddock (cheap transport to Belgium)

Is there difference in the quality of the pistons or are they all the same?

I used Zeus when I did mine and used their seals (assured by them that they are not Britpart). It looked good quality, all fitted fine and I think I only bent one wiper seal retainer out of eight.

• Like 1

personnally i just send the calipers for all of my vehicles and any i work on over to bigg red, they do an awesome job at a resonable rate and i have never had any issues.

please note i have zero link to the company except being a happioly returning customer

http://www.biggred.co.uk/

oh and i always get the premium coating, I sent them the brakes on my pick up about 6 years ago and they still look like new (when the mud is cleaned off :ph34r: )

I used the Britpart axle set for our Discovery. The set has 8 s/s pistons, and what they claim are OEM seals. However I purchased and used a set of known make seals instead. The set of pistons were a lot cheaper than buying them individually, they seem to be proper stainless steel, and they fitted my original calipers. For once Britpart seemed alright, which is more than can be said for their bonnet release cable for the same vehicle, which was not at all long enough.

I used Zues pistons when i did mine 10+ years ago. They are still fine today.

Only ever use genuine seal kits. They are not expensive - firstly its not worth taking the risk on anything safety critical, but secondly the seal retainers need to be so precisely sized that it quickly gets frustrating with cheapo items and they bend very easily!

Jon

• 4 weeks later...