Where do you wash off after off-road?

Lewis

I use the truck and excavator wash at my workplace.

Cocrete ramp to put the Landrover on so I can walk underneath to clean the underside.

Oil- and sand-separators in the drain so no environmental issues and the amount of mud that comes off a Landrover doesn't compare to the amount that comes off an excavator and as long as I clean up after myself nobody complains.

I know. I'm a lucky b*st*rd. :D

Eric

Eastern European Carwash is happy to do it for the normal £3.50 - job is always Spotty Dog and I get to point out any bits they miss. Four guys up to 30 minutes for £3.50 means that one day they will say 'no'; but then the Nigerian Car Wash or the Middle Eastern Car Wash will take it on for £4.00

• Like 1

That is madness!

While it sounds a great idea on the face of it, how many have a battery/charge system that could cope with even 10 mins of running the winch motor for the briefest of washes?

I hope the motor would be water cooled too, cos they do get hot when run continuously!

Maybe you could get one of the pressure washer pumps and run it from the PTO or mount it where an air-con pump goes? ;)

Maybe you could get one of the pressure washer pumps and run it from the PTO or mount it where an air-con pump goes? ;)

Nice thinking Barry. I wonder what rpm those pressure washer pumps run at.

Anyway, I already have a small (only 14kg) petrol jet washer, and it's almost certainly using less fuel than a V8 would. It's the amount of water needed that I'd struggle with if I wanted to wash off on the play site.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the suggestions guys

I got a hand held pump up garden sprayer to take with me off-roading and an additional 5litres in another container, it was slow going but it got the car looking somewhere half respectable before we left. Then headed straight to tesco and I pretty much had the whole car done for six quid, the staff there even had to come out to kick the machine and didn't bat an eyelid at the mess I'd made.

I've had a scout out for local fords, the only one I could find was too shallow and too public/visible to make much use of sadly