Watts linkage?

Nigelw

Watts linkage is in my opinion better than a panhard rod, because it keeps the axle centered. Due to the shorter arms, travel can be limited, as on the D2. An A-frame would be my first choice, centered and lots of travel, but takes a lot of space. Space that is used for the fuel tank in the D2 and P38a.

So for a D2, I'd stay with the Watts on a D2.

Thing is Jan has had 3 sets of watts bushes, he is hard on that thing mind!!!

Lots of off road action and front lift springs and adjusted height sensors at the back, he plans to swap out to coils as he wants a bigger lift but said that the watts bushes get eaten now, what happens when it's lifted further?

This truck will spend 50/50 on/off road not like the rest of us where they spend 90% on road and as little as 10% off :blush: Hence looking for an alternative with less bushes, ie, panhard rod, that will last as long as the bushes in the front panhard which are still original, or back to the older "A" frame and ball joint for proven rear end tech that works.

I'd think a Watts linkage would be wearing less than a panhard, not more...

The only issue I've seen with them is that articulation is limited by the axle bracket, it always struck to me that just rotating it a bit could stop it hitting the linkage.

What bushes are you using?

• 7 months later...