110 V8 3.5 Cooling....

I've been toying with upgrading my fans.... (Currently unknown brand pulling from inside engine bay...)

With bonnet closed on tickover today they took nearly 5 mins to drag the temp down to the point where they cut off again....

With the bonnet open, it was under 2 mins !

So, how can I sensibly move more heat from the engine bay ?

Fan through the top of the bonnet?

Some vents in the bonnet?

Suggestions please....

I look forward to your views...

Neil

I have twin fans already installed but I fear a lot of heat remains trapped in the enging bay. I could upgrade the fans easily enough but it seems it could be easier to let the heat out...

I look forward to seeing what you have....

And yay..... I found where I was before....

Any views on this ?

http://www.pacet.co.uk/BONNET.HTM

Neil

I done a little more looking around, a silly conversation with Nige (Hybrid from Hell) who easily demonstrated his knowledge of Land Rovers was better than I could ever dream of... (I recon he's got a blueprint memorised...)

I think I'll try the side vent route he did for my first attempt at move hot air out of the bonnet area and then, if required, upgrade the no-name fans to some with muscle and pedigree... (If they exist ! LOL)

I see the part numbers Nige.. Any clip numbers ?

Neil

Neil,

I'm running two electric fans in front of the rad/sir con exchangerr on my V8, the fans are wired up to a manual dash sw, auto temp sw/rly system which great, I run in +45 C temps here in the middle east and have yet to experience and overheating problems!The only problems with the fans is RFI on the Stereo system, I'm currently re-wiring with sheilded wire to get rid of it.

Cheers Tracy

I done a little more looking around, a silly conversation with Nige (Hybrid from Hell) who easily demonstrated his knowledge of Land Rovers was better than I could ever dream of... (I recon he's got a blueprint memorised...)

I think I'll try the side vent route he did for my first attempt at move hot air out of the bonnet area and then, if required, upgrade the no-name fans to some with muscle and pedigree... (If they exist ! LOL)

I see the part numbers Nige.. Any clip numbers ?

Neil

I guess your going to use TD/Tdi air intake grilles, if so you might just need these numbers :i-m_so_happy:

left [as on 200Tdi's] part number MWC2501

right [as on 300Tdi & Td5's] part number BTR6188

bush to hold grilles in place part number AFU1926L or use black countersunk headed screws to hold grilles to wing panel.

or if you fancy a bit of shiney stainless steel to bling up your red 110 have a look here click 'what about us grilles' in the left sidebar.

I won't be needing the bling ! ;) But thanks for thinking of my image...

So.. It now begs the question.... Are you and eccentric millionaire who just surfs the net 24/7 looking for solutions for people on LR4X4 or do you have a sympathetic boss ??

I won't be needing the bling ! ;) But thanks for thinking of my image...

So.. It now begs the question.... Are you and eccentric millionaire who just surfs the net 24/7 looking for solutions for people on LR4X4 or do you have a sympathetic boss ??

eccentric millionaire :hysterical: I wish :rolleyes: on my notebook at home, & only on -line evenings/weekends no internet access at work [too darn busy fixing aircraft :i-m_so_happy:

fa-fradu-hawks.jpg

Edited by western

Nice job...

I was at RAF Fairford for this years proceedings...

Few shots here...

http://proudto.servepics.com/thumbnails.ph...m=17&page=4

Still trying to find time to sift through the shots and put them online !

Also been to RAF Conningsby a few times. (Trip sponsored by Land Rover who supply the BBMF Land Rovers..) Last year they even let us into the Lancaster.. I have some great shots from most angles !

This year they took us around the Eurofighter (Typhoon) hanger and there were a number of areas the camera was banned... Open nose cones and cockpit... Quite an impressive plane though!

eccentric millionaire :hysterical: I wish :rolleyes: on my notebook at home, & only on -line evenings/weekends no internet access at work [too darn busy fixing aircraft :i-m_so_happy:

fa-fradu-hawks.jpg

Is there one missing?? :ph34r:

On a serious note - got any suggestions for the same problem in a RRC - 3.5 V8 too?

Cheers

Adrian