gearbox and transfer box oil

So its that time again for fluid changes and sensibly i didnt keep a note of where i had bought oils from,

spoke to garage who say only use shell or other high end oil but thought i could get opinion here.

its oil for both transfer and main box on 2003 td5 90 csw

previously used comma but garage says this is bad oil.

need to order today for doing on sunday.

so whats everyones thoughts please?

oooooooooooohhhh how i wish i had seen that post a lil earlier fridge - guess who placed order a lil while ago.

ahh well next time.

they do seem to have a fair range, and given i need engine and hyd oil also for log splitter yearly could be a happy camper. Lets see how quick delivery comes because thats a big issue up here, often couriers stop 14 miles away overnight even if thats at 2pm.

oooooooooooohhhh how i wish i had seen that post a lil earlier fridge - guess who placed order a lil while ago.

ahh well next time.

they do seem to have a fair range, and given i need engine and hyd oil also for log splitter yearly could be a happy camper. Lets see how quick delivery comes because thats a big issue up here, often couriers stop 14 miles away overnight even if thats at 2pm.

Obviously I'm somewhat closer to them than you are, but the last time I ordered from them they were very quick at delivering

Nothing wrong with comma oil. They've been about years and very reputable

I was going to say something similar - most oils are made to a standard spec in a large refinery somewhere and stuck in different coloured bottles to suit whoever is branding it - the contents are often the same. As long as it's got the relevant lists of letters and suitability codes it'll do the job...