HBRO Land Rover RTV & Drive Round Broxhead 3 Dec

FITZ

HBRO Land Rover RTV & Drive Round Day, Broxhead, Bordon, Hants.

Sunday 3rd December

need to be a member of HBRO (you can join on the day)

Me and my mate are COC and Cheif Marshall for the RTV. It would be good to see a few new faces from the forum.

Drive round will start at 10am

RTV scrutineering 8.30 - 9.30

More details here...

http://www.hbro.co.uk/index.shtml

BROXHEAD.gif

Sunday 3rd December

I have to say that the HBRO is the most friendly club I have had the pleasure of being a member of :):)

By the way the calandar shows the event as 2nd + 3rd Driving Day and Trial, does this mean the the driving is available on both days??

If I come down in WUD then everybody can marvel at how c*%p I am compared to Bert.

Sunday 3rd December

Me and my mate are COC and Cheif Marshall for the RTV. It would be good to see a few new faces from the forum.

Drive round will start at 10am

RTV scrutineering 8.30 - 9.30

More details here...

http://www.hbro.co.uk/index.shtml

I would be interested in driving over from Germany for that. However, I would not be able to use the club much being so far away.

What membership should I apply for?

MEMBERSHIP is £26 per year for Ordinary members, £6 for Associate members and £4 for Social members.

Cheers, Paul

My money would be on Gary as a mate for Fitz.

Spot on Nige it's my only mate is Garry :)

I hope we can count on you to help set out Sat and can I pressgang you to scrutineeer Sun?

JJ hope to see you and your dad there on the Sunday:)

What does RTV refer to in this context, and what sort of driving day is it? If you're setting out, are there set routes to follow? Is this a bit more than just a club play day?

Road Taxed Vehicle. It refers to a type of trial for, you guessed it, Road Taxed Vehicles. You have to drive a set route between canes without stopping or hitting a cane.

Chris

So is half the site going to be taped off for the RTV again? I got fed up with them doing this a while back as the RTV always nicks all the good bits of the site?

Works ok at places like slab, but IMHO Broxhead is not big enough to allow both!

Or have they now come up with a better way of doing it?

Jon

It's always a bit awkward to please everyone when there a RTV and DRD on the same site. The RTV will bag some of the more challenging areas but that will still leave plenty for the DRD. The other thing will will do is pull the canes on the RTV sections once they have been driven to open up the whole site for the DRD. As I'm sure you know HBRO do take safety more seriously than some other clubs and sometimes that does lead to areas being out of bounds. As it's a members only drive round day you should get more freedom to roam and the idea will be to use limited tape only where necessary. Whilst Slab is a bigger site I've always preferred Broxhead which has more variety. For those like Nige / Jon who live on the door step and like it challenging it can get a bit boring driving the same local sites but Broxhead is still bigger than a lot of sites and offers a lot to those who are new to the area.

I'm going to turn up for my first RTV, with SimonR in tow as passenger! No need to pre-register Nige?

Graham,

Don't lok at me for info on RTVing :lol: I iz just going there to specifically bury it 'big time' in the worse deepest gooo and dial in lots of revs and heat to see if the F Misfire has gone, between recoverying myself (almost a certainty :lol: ) I will help out others, but other than seeing a grey 90 flayling & stuck in the mud out of the corner of your eye whilst you 'RTV' I will be leaving that to Fitz as he is the COC, but do come and take the P**s say Hi

Nige :rolleyes:

I'm going to turn up for my first RTV, with SimonR in tow as passenger! No need to pre-register Nige?

Graham

it will be good to see you there. You don't need to pre-register just turn up before 9.30am and join on the day (£25) and pay your RTV entry fee(£15). HBRO only allow Land Rovers i.e. Defenders, Series LR, Range Rovers, Discos, LWTs etc.

For RTV the car must be road legal taxed and MOT'd.

Tyres no larger than 33" dia, no open tread patterns/dumper tyres (Simex Ext/JT, MT's, Grizzlys etc all OK). Secure recovery points front and rear.

Extra spring on throttle, if carbed.

If you have diff lockers these must be disabled/secured off.

Traction control is allowed though? Or only if fitted as standard?

Chris

The relevant regs are:-

B.16. TRACTION CONTROL.

B.16.1. The use of traction control and hill descent systems will be limited to standard vehicles where fitted as original equipment

B.17. AXLE DIFFERENTIALS.

B.17.1. Lockable axle differentials may be fitted on condition they are disabled in an unlocked state to the satisfaction of the scrutineers and not used during competition.

You can read all the various regs here....

http://www.hbro.co.uk/alrc_srs.htm#sectionb

The relevant regs are:-

B.16. TRACTION CONTROL.

B.16.1. The use of traction control and hill descent systems will be limited to standard vehicles where fitted as original equipment

B.17. AXLE DIFFERENTIALS.

B.17.1. Lockable axle differentials may be fitted on condition they are disabled in an unlocked state to the satisfaction of the scrutineers and not used during competition.

You can read all the various regs here....

http://www.hbro.co.uk/alrc_srs.htm#sectionb

That is pretty clear. Sorry that I am a pedantic type but, what about a vehicle with a standard LSD on the rear axle. I know that some 110s supplied to utilities were fitted with them from the factory. Would such a vehicle be allowed to compete? I accept that a 110 would need more than an LSD to be any good off-road.... Ducks for cover....

Chris

Edited to add: perhaps an LSD could be called primative TC?

That is pretty clear. Sorry that I am a pedantic type but, what about a vehicle with a standard LSD on the rear axle. I know that some 110s supplied to utilities were fitted with them from the factory. Would such a vehicle be allowed to compete? I accept that a 110 would need more than an LSD to be any good off-road.... Ducks for cover....

Chris

Edited to add: perhaps an LSD could be called primative TC?

IMHO I would say that not standard. It would be like the utility company getting LR supplied from the factory with locking diffs. I don't think any LR had LSD as standard. It's all a question of fairness would you be happy to know that it was a LSD that gave you a win over someone in the same vehicle without LSD. Not cricket old chap:)