Honest answers only please!!

David_LLAMA4x4

Err... dunno. :)

They're stiffer and longer than the old ones (unknown vintage, possibly originals) but still flex well.

In this pic the rear is just coilbound with no rear bump stops and the back empty. I chose red/whites for the front anticipating a heavy winch, but it still has 1-2" to the bump stop though I think much of that is the bushes binding. I suppose I could start measuring things and drawing graphs to see how much is spring and how much is 'other'. I wouldn't want to go softer at either end since I seem to be doing mostly tarmac miles at the moment.

18112006073.jpg

In pure bump, I've dropped the whole car onto the stops once or twice (BANG) with enthusiastic driving, so I reckon it's about right for me. If I softened the front, it'd flex better and give really cool RTI scores but I run the risk of really clouting something hard in a dynamic situation.

You guessed right Ian :D I have the shocks sorted no problem and, so far, I am over the moon with the feedback I am getting from the people now using my Rough Country shocks - they all accept that whilst they are a bit dearer than the obvious competition they were well worth the extra.... :):)

I think that this thread is already showing that as far as is reasonable anybody willing to pay £50 -£ 60 per spring can have a setup worth having... It is amazing how few answers have come from anyone defending the set of springs they bought for £100 and would recommend to everyone else on here!!

David

Personally I would pay £50 corner if the quality was good enough to fit and forget for 5 years. I cannot tolerate changing bits on machines every 5 minutes because I bought cheap........................

Just my tuppence worth :)