please can i ask a favour from someone with facebook?

discomikey

Hi all,

First of all mods, sorry if this is not allowed, or in the wrong section, please feel free to do as you wish with the thread.

A few weeks back (9 july according to my phone) a lad advertised on a facebook page that he was breaking a 300TDi discovery, i needed a prop and diff flange etc so i contacted him and we agreed a price, i paid over paypal and he said he'd get the parts shipped asap.

2 weeks later, nothing, i contact him "ill chase up the courier..." hear nothing back

another week or so goes by, same thing, same response, same outcome.

and so on.

ive chased him up 3 or 4 times over the last 40 days, and just went to message him tonight to finally say, if they arent here within a week im claiming my money back (through paypal) and lo and behold facebook messenger states "This person isn't recieving messages from you at the moment"

i cant access his profile either.

I don't want to publicly slate him i just need to find out what's happening, if he is still on facebook, and indeed the page where he advertised, I realise that i'm most likely not receiving the parts, i want to give him a chance to refund me before i go through paypal. Could some kind person please have a look for me (Pm me for the name and page name) and possibly send him a message on my behalf?

Cheers all

Mike (a £55 light and nothing to show for it forum member)

Just go through PayPal. Don't message him.

I bought something from someone on this forum which never arrived, no response from the seller led me to Persue a PayPal claim, they then lied to paypal saying it had been sent that day. Still didn't arrive so I escalated the claim and got my money back.........still no reply, reason or apology on here.

I think this sort of thing goes on a lot, if they do it to 4 people a week and get them to send the payment as a gift so there is no recourse when the parts don't arrive they basically have a living wage. Or at least money for there project car.

Worth covering the extra £10-£20 on PayPal fees yourself to save yourself the hardship