LED lightbar

Scotts90

Not specifically LR related but there's not a lot of reviews on the eBay specials. My works van has had Hella Luminators 3000s since new and are my spotlight of choice but I thought I'd have a punt on a 31" Chinese special.

Standard dipped beam

DE51E63B-2606-41ED-975C-887EA72E7863_zps

Main beam with lightbar

0C206D60-8743-4E72-AADC-6E3B9E8EB7DF_zps

496997AA-B1B3-4B2D-8F55-0863B473D21A_zps

Overall not too bad, it has a wider spread as it has the combo flood/spot array. Build quality appears acceptable but time will tell. It cost £53 delivered so less than half the price of one of my chrome Luminators. It's also a bit less "in your face" than my spots were.

Since we're on the topic, does anyone know where to obtain different optics? I've got one of the 20" lightbars from the group buy on here a while ago, and I'd like to change it from flood to spot. The flood works fine, but is almost identical to my stock headlights with nightbreakers.

Seems ok but how long does it take for your eyes to adjust from super bright high beam to standard dipped beam glimmer?

I haven't really had a chance to test it on the road yet, my eyes were used to going from the standard(poor) dipped to the bright spotlight assisted main beam so I don't think it will greatly affect my sight. I do lots of night driving on call out on unlit and seldom trafficked roads so main beam is on most of the time.

Here's the link to the one I got, there are loads to choose from this one at least came from a UK address...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141690354419?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It's more white than warm but not chav-blue. It's fitted on the bumper of my transit (12reg) in line with the headlights just under the large ford badge. It blends quite well into the grill assembly.

The beam patterns are not adjustable but I think you can ask them to supply full flood or full spot pattern bars.

Since we're on the topic, does anyone know where to obtain different optics? I've got one of the 20" lightbars from the group buy on here a while ago, and I'd like to change it from flood to spot. The flood works fine, but is almost identical to my stock headlights with nightbreakers.

looking at my 41'' led lightbar,

the floods on mine have a sort of diffuser on the led lens, whereas the spots dont.

Maybe you could just open yours up and remove the diffuser??

looking at my 41'' led lightbar,

the floods on mine have a sort of diffuser on the led lens, whereas the spots dont.

Maybe you could just open yours up and remove the diffuser??

Hmm. Looking at this picture I have of it (the best I can find), there doesn't seem to be any kind of diffuser? I think it's mainly due to the reflectors.

80tfYnlh.jpg