Uh oh, scotch lock on an unidentified plug.....problem?

ronnie_rotten

This plug is on a short spur of loom in the area of the brake header tank. It has 2 wires, black/White and black/green. They've been bridged using one if the devil's own scotch locks.

Does anybody know what the plug is for, why it's unplugged, and what bridging the wires is hiding/achieving?

I asked elsewhere and sombody asked if my oil pressure light worked, which on inspection it doesn't. No light on start up with all the others. Relevant?

Is it from the switch on the clutch master cylinder / clutch hydraulic pipe?

If so, it's possible that the symptoms are (i) the cruise control won't be working and (ii) the revs won't drop (or only very slowly) having revved the engine to change up a gear.

No cruise control (yet) and I dare say the revs drop slowly but not so much as to cause a problem.

I did remove the bridge earlier and plug it in, but the metal clip is missing from the plug. I think it may have slipped off breaking the circuit as I got a bit of kangarooing when pulling off after a few minutes driving.

If put the jumper back on and unplugged it again for now. Seems to be happy enough like that