brake light on

surprise surprise another problem, my brake light come on and off and as of yesterday is permanently on, i noticed some sediment in the cap so thats been cleaned and however its still on, it seems like the float isnt rising and turning the light off, the brakes work fine and theres just under max level of fluid in the tank

any ideas?

• Like 1

Unless you have a very strange car, the brake light switch isn't in the brake line system, it's a mechanical switch operated by the brake foot pedal and accessible from under the driver's side and screwed into a bracket, it could be that it's just sticking and it just needs a squirt of WD40, if it's stuffed, replacements are not expensive or are they hard to replace .

Correct me if I'm mistaken but I don't know of any Land Rovers with a hydraulic brake light switch, maybe the latest Range Rovers and Equipes ---- maybe ??

ok, stripped the float assembly entirely, cleaned with petrol and made sure it was bone dry, have all the contacts a clean as well but its still not floating, and yes fluid is getting into the float chamber

Unless you have a very strange car, the brake light switch isn't in the brake line system, it's a mechanical switch operated by the brake foot pedal and accessible from under the driver's side and screwed into a bracket, it could be that it's just sticking and it just needs a squirt of WD40, if it's stuffed, replacements are not expensive or are they hard to replace .

Correct me if I'm mistaken but I don't know of any Land Rovers with a hydraulic brake light switch, maybe the latest Range Rovers and Equipes ---- maybe ??

Add to the list Morris Minors....