Cruise control

Haulie

Hi, I aftermarket fitted one to my 04 TD5 and it's simply "plug & play". The wiring is already installed as you'll find if you remove the blanking plate below the rear screen wipe button. You will have to cut a slot to accomodate the steering whell switch though, but this will be in the instructions with the kit.

HTH,

Griff

Hi, I aftermarket fitted one to my 04 TD5 and it's simply "plug & play". The wiring is already installed as you'll find if you remove the blanking plate below the rear screen wipe button. You will have to cut a slot to accomodate the steering whell switch though, but this will be in the instructions with the kit.

HTH,

Griff

• 2 weeks later...

Nice diagram, i was wondering why they say in RAVE(in the engine management section ECU black plug pins description) that all those switches are N/C (as it's 12-0V near them like at the N/C brake switch) which has no logic but if you are positive in your scheme which is completely logical it means that RAVE is wrong

I didn't bother with an isolating switch... Positive feed I used is ignition fed so it's not putting power to ECU when car switched off.

It's all quite simple once you get your head round it. Made looms for a few people now that are virtually plug & play taking feed from another pin in the black plug.

Pop the pins & blanks out, pop in the new pins, mate up connections with removed pin and earths, insulate etc.

Route cable to switch, slide on 3 spade connectors and off you go....

(Slightly more involved if Defender changed to 1.2 ratio transfer box, but fitting a Speedo-healer only adds 20 mins to the process.)

• 2 weeks later...