Rear door latch

I've developed a rattle on my rear door, and it's from the lock side.

Is this amount of play in the locked position normal? I presume not and that it's the cause of my rattle. If so I presume it's time for a new lock or can they be repaired?

I recently replaced my rear door lock, the new one has slight play in that manner however not as much as yours. Is the catch or the post it locks round on the striker worn at all?

Mine still rattles on bigger bumps, without the dovetail fitted it rattles all the time - very annoying! The post on my striker is worn though so I presume that is the cause. I believe the dovetail was deleted on later models like yours so that avenue is not open to you.

I am sure they can be repaired as Mike says but I couldn't be bothered with it and just bought a new one.

That does look worn, but I suspect a lot of the rattle is from the stay on the opposite bottom corner, either the clevis pin joint in the bracket or the roller in the door track. I used a shim cut from an old tupperware lid between the stay and its tub bracket to quieten it.

Thanks folks.

The rattle is definitely from the latch side - though I checked the door stay out aswell. It doesn't seem bad at all.

The post it locks round looks ok - there is wear, but it doesn't look out of round.

I'll see if I can find the part number for the rubber block - and start with that.

The central locking door locks are quite expensive - but I think I'd still rather just swap one over than try to repair the old one. It's my daily drive so I can't afford the time it's likely to take to repair it.

I've also now seen someone else's and theirs had no side to side movement at all - just a little rotation. So I suspect it's likely the lock causing the rattle and not a straightforward repair either.

Thanks everyone