Ashtree international

madmatt

Has anyone had dealings with this company?

They replied promptly to my original enquiry then a few weeks later i emailed them to place an order and got no reply, i have rung and just get a message saying their mailbox is full.

I text the mobile number and got a reply to say they would contact me soon. But i have been trying on and off for 6 weeks. Getting fed up now and begining to wonder even if they did talk to me i doubt they could deliver in time.

Matt

I havent - but t do a search. They've been discussed before.

Manh thanks i did search defender forum but seemingly kts been discussed more elsewhere. Time to give them a wide berth.

Anyone got a good 300tdi bulkhead? Lol

I had the same problem when I wanted new doors weeks and weeks of no reply to emails or messages BUT eventualy I did manage to get them and got my order (was frustrating so good luck) The galvo door frame marine bond skin so far very very good

I had the same problem when I wanted new doors weeks and weeks of no reply to emails or messages BUT eventualy I did manage to get them and got my order (was frustrating so good luck) The galvo door frame marine bond skin so far very very good

I have given up with them!I am looking elsewhere for a solution. I have read to many horror storys of poor quality and i cant wait weeks and weeks its a working motor that will come off the road for a limited time in the near future.

There was nothing wrong with the door its self (tho have read same as you probs with bulkheads) It was just trying to get a reply to emails or answer phone messages was near impossible and like you I was on the point of giving up ........Try contacting Sams trims she all so Sam's 4x4 (who does landy seats etc) as she very nice lady and her unit is just up from a company who make Land rover doors (have the huge press)

Sam…..Sam’s 4 x4’s

Unit 4, Priory Road

Concentric Park

Aston

Birmingham

B6 7LG

There was nothing wrong with the door its self (tho have read same as you probs with bulkheads) It was just trying to get a reply to emails or answer phone messages was near impossible and like you I was on the point of giving up ........Try contacting Sams trims she all so Sam's 4x4 (who does landy seats etc) as she very nice lady and her unit is just up from a company who make Land rover doors (have the huge press)

Sam…..Sam’s 4 x4’s

Unit 4, Priory Road

Concentric Park

Aston

Birmingham

B6 7LG

Thanks but i am after a bulkhead not doors.

Thanks Steve, this is my biggest issue! Time! I need a bulkhead before i start pulling mine apart as no truck no work no earnings. I have no issue with mine being an exchange afterwards.

I spoke to Mosside yesterday i really wish i had found this man when i started trying to get hold of Ashtree, he can still do me a bulkhead but it would put my project back 3 months.

Currently looking for a repairable bulkhead so i can get the repairs done then i will take it our local galvanisers whk have done a few before.

Matt

Sam…..Sam’s 4 x4’s

Unit 4, Priory Road

Concentric Park

Aston

Birmingham

B6 7LG

Just for the record - I had problems with Sams. Very nice lady, true, but not so good at fulfilling orders! She accepted an order for a soft-top. Every time I phoned they were just waiting for that last critical bit to arrive. After a year, I cancelled. She then said they didn't really want to make it in the first place! Fortunately, I'd not paid them.

Ok , fairly sure he doesn't hold any repaired stock ready to go , what model are you after ?

He could re-furb. a spare for you , if you find one let me know

cheers

Steveb

A 300tdi defender. Nobody seems to be able to keep a stock of them to get infornt of the orders.

Speak to arkonik near frome somerset. They refurb and break defenders and isually have bulkheads that need repairs. They refurb defenders and export them so they fit new to most of them and keep the old ones and have a uard sale monthly Their number is 01373812011

Matt,

I had similar dealings with Ashtree and they lost my business due to not answering email enquiries, I have ended up with a Mossside land rover bulkhead and it was supplied without exchange and I was very pleased and would be happy to deal with him again, but I did have to wait and I had the luxury of time on my side....

However, having just done what you are trying to do and swapped a bulkhead whilst keeping the motor in one piece for as long as possible I now have a stripped of all components, shot to pieces 1990 v8 bulkhead not fit to go on a vehicle in any way shape or form, however if your after a unit to exchange or have refurbed without removing yours so as to keep your motor on the road it may help you out, the bulk head is located in the midlands (Birmingham five min from the m42/m5 interchange) but I'm not in a position to take photos at the moment but if your interested PM me.

Matt,

I had similar dealings with Ashtree and they lost my business due to not answering email enquiries, I have ended up with a Mossside land rover bulkhead and it was supplied without exchange and I was very pleased and would be happy to deal with him again, but I did have to wait and I had the luxury of time on my side....

However, having just done what you are trying to do and swapped a bulkhead whilst keeping the motor in one piece for as long as possible I now have a stripped of all components, shot to pieces 1990 v8 bulkhead not fit to go on a vehicle in any way shape or form, however if your after a unit to exchange or have refurbed without removing yours so as to keep your motor on the road it may help you out, the bulk head is located in the midlands (Birmingham five min from the m42/m5 interchange) but I'm not in a position to take photos at the moment but if your interested PM me.

Many many thanks, i recieved a call from Mosside on Monday he had recieved a cancellation so hopefully we will have a bulkhead week after next.

• 4 months later...

I've just finished a complete rebuild of my 1986 Land Rover 90 including fitting of galvanised chassis and bulkhead. Biggest mistake I made in the project was sending the bulkhead to Ashtree for refurbishing. I was promised return of the bulkhead in 8 weeks but it actually took 3 months and, when I did get it back, it was a mess - a real bodge job. As seems typical of their service, they don't answer the phone or reply to emails and I very nearly gave up trying to get my bulkhead back. But once it was back and in the workshop and I realised how bad job they'd made of it - I wish I had given it up. This was all a a waste of time and money. I would advice anyone considering doing business with them to think again.