110 rear tub (Hardtop)

I'm afraid patience will be key. Even when one does come up, the chances are it won't be worth taking unless you can weld ali.

I looked at 3 before I found one that was in good condition where the tub mounts to the chassis. Most of them now are just big holes.

I think I have pics somewhere. Hang on

Right. These were taken from my build thread.

First 2 pics were what my old original tub was like where it bolts to the mounts on chassis. So bad that the previous owner had to abandon the mounting points and just drilled 2 random holes where there was some ali left. Not even safe let alone pretty...

post-4644-0-79378100-1469016543_thumb.jpeg post-4644-0-05010800-1469016577_thumb.jpeg

Next 2 pics show the new (used) tub I bought from eBay. These show what the mounting points should be like. This was just lightly rubbed down and painted with 3M schutz.

post-4644-0-63645300-1469016685_thumb.jpeg. post-4644-0-11501100-1469016723_thumb.jpeg

One last thing. To avoid the horrific galvanic corrosion in the future I made gaskets to isolate the ali tub from the steel mountings.... Also covered the bolts going through the mountings/tub with ptfe tape to avoid the same thing. Could also use heatshrink but I didn't have any to hand at the time..

Tis true. the Landiman has gone away. apparently acc to Crown court he borrowed money raised for help the heroes. ( on a permanent basis ). i'm sure theres still parts available at Morchard farm though. if so , they may be desperate enough to pass them on. who knows. if you havent already. its worth chancing your arm.

you could also try Cornish wreckers, if you havent aready.

http://barneyproctor.wix.com/cornishwreckers

whats wrong with your old one, do you still have it? I might be interested in a small bit if its scrap? some b'std caught my n/s corner, not too bad, but need the vertical capping and a small section near the top curve, so I can cut out the dent, and pop rivet a piece back in.

whats wrong with your old one, do you still have it? I might be interested in a small bit if its scrap? some b'std caught my n/s corner, not too bad, but need the vertical capping and a small section near the top curve, so I can cut out the dent, and pop rivet a piece back in.

My one has (had) a roller shutter cabinet just forward of the passenger wheel arch which is completely rotten beyond and also a few scuffs elsewhere. I either replace the whole tub with prefarably a newer better condition one or get a repair panel for my one.