Standard Springs on a brand new 110 (Front & Rear)

Hi!

If one was to buy a brand new present Defender 110, can anyone tell me the part numbers for the standard Front & Rear springs that come stock with a 110 station wagan.

Also will these stock 2016 springs fit an old Defender 110 Station Wagan 1991 model?

Thanks in advance.

NRC8044 & NRC8045 are the fronts as far as I know and they will fit all years.

There has been a number of different rears over the years and a lot depends on whether your vehicle has self levelling suspension fitted.

At the moment I am running a pair of variable rate RKB101111 (colour code brown/purple) on the back of my 1984 110 CSW as opposed to the previous handed springs NRC6389 (red/red I think)  NRC6904 (red/green)

There is a subsequent set as fitted to post 2006 vehicles and they are green/white I think. A thing to bear in mind is that the later vehicles were only intended to carry 7 passengers rather than 12

• Thanks 1

I have burnt my fingers with OME springs Neil. My 110 is a stock one without the self levelling suspension. All I want is to go back to stock springs. I do not carry heavy loads. I want a nice soft and comfortable suspension.

At present  I have the OME 2751 (Front ) & OME 2752 at the Rear. These are the softest springs from OME but for the suspension is still very hard. I had OME Nitro charger sport shocks which changed to normal Britpart OE one's.  After this there is some suspension travel. 

I do not have a roof rack at all nor will tow or carry heavy loads. Hence the request for stock springs that come with a defender 110 station wagan. 

As you mentioned:

For the Front: Use  NRC8044 & NRC8045

For the Rear: 

1. Option: NRC6389 & NRC6904 (without self levelling)

(OR)

2. Option: NRC6388 & NRC7000 (with self levelling)

In the manual it says that the NRC6389 & NRC69024 are HEAVY DUTY Springs. ( Dont want to go down that route again)

Can I use NRC6388 & NRC7000 even though I do not have self levelling suspension?????

Thanks in advance

The springs that match up with the self leveller will be too soft alone.

Have a read here: 

I had the same discussion a few years ago.

(I also have a semi working and a semi reconditioned self leveller - i will offer these to you for free if you pay the postage, but think the postage may me a killer to India!)

Hi! Reb, 

Thanks for the offer. Is it possible for you to find out the freight cost? If its OK then I can get it down. Is it possible to put a self leveller on a landy that does not have it? If I get this then it makes sense in going in for   NRC6388 & NRC7000 (with self levelling) .

Only other option is to use the HD springs. Is your self leveler in proper working condition as you have mentioned its semi working?

Ive put RKB101111 on mine - as in the thread above. Ride unladen is marginally harsher than when the leveller was fitted, but its not too bad. 

For the leveller, you will need the correct a frame ball joint carrier, but i can add this if the cost of transport isnt too great.

When i say semi working, it was fine if unladen/lightly laden, but i tow horses occasionally and sometimes have 7-8 adults in th car, so needed something that would cope with higher laden weights.  

I have a worry about sending these by air though as i think they contain compressed gas - perhaps someone else can comment? Is it possible to ship them (i.e. Boat?!)

Prith, really wouldn't bother fitting the Boge self levelling unit, they are not very reliable & doubt you will find anyone in your area to rebuild it in the future, 110 station wagon rear springs for non levelled vehicles would be best for your 110. 

any 110 rear springs will fit any 110, 

10 hours ago, reb78 said:

Ive put RKB101111 on mine - as in the thread above. Ride unladen is marginally harsher than when the leveller was fitted, but its not too bad. 

For the leveller, you will need the correct a frame ball joint carrier, but i can add this if the cost of transport isnt too great.

When i say semi working, it was fine if unladen/lightly laden, but i tow horses occasionally and sometimes have 7-8 adults in th car, so needed something that would cope with higher laden weights.  

I have a worry about sending these by air though as i think they contain compressed gas - perhaps someone else can comment? Is it possible to ship them (i.e. Boat?!)

Correct Boge strut contains pressurised nitrogen, you would need to find out from parcel carrier/airline they use if a pressurised unit can be air frieght to a non UK desination.

Thanks a ton Neil and Ralph. I will go ahead and order the following springs to replace my OLD MAN EMU"s

For the Front: Use  NRC8044 & NRC8045

For the Rear: NRC6389 & NRC6904 (without self levelling)

Thanks for all the help.

Yes they will fit the rear of your vehicle, no they are not handed so you simply order a pair of them.

Having recently changed from the original  NRC6389 & NRC6904  springs on the rear for a pair of RKB101111 I find they (the RKB springs) give a much more compliant ride when lightly laden Yet because of their progressive rate they still give a good ride when the truck is loaded to the eyeballs and towing a laden trailer

14 hours ago, Prith said:

Will these RKB101111  springs for the rear fit a 1991 defender 110 then? Are the same number for the passenger & driver side?

Prith. Read my link!!

Yes. They'll fit. They fit my 1989 110, as detailed in the thread I link to above!! The ride is exactly as Neil describes. 

• 10 months later...