300tdi stinks

mcc1979ian

Evening all, just wondering if anyone might know of a reason why my 300tdi might stink of diesel fumes all the time. i get alot of white smoke when shes started from cold but once its warm this dies down but when its running its always got a very strong smell o diesel reek

The spill pipes are the black braided hoses between the injectors and are very prone to splitting.  You cab buy rolls of the hose from Halfords far cheaper than LR - LR will sell the whole assembly for a small fortune but all you need is the 4mm fuel hose.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/12/2016 at 11:01 AM, miketomcat said:

The halfords stuff only seams to last a year or so. 

Mike

So too the LR stuff - I made the mistake of buying their replacement, complete with the unions, for a lot of money, and 18 months later the hoses were split again.  Far better to buy the cheap hose on the roll than the Gen Parts replacement.  If you can find decent hose on the roll, then so much the better.