AWDC CHALLENGER 4X4 SERIES 2011

Soliholic

We are pleased to announce the dates for our series next year. We haven't booked up all of the sites yet but here are the dates and the sites will follow.

Round 1 - March 13th 2011

Round 2 - April 17th 2011

Round 3 - June 5th 2011

Round 4 - July 24th 2011

Round 5 - September 18th 2011

Round 6 - October 23rd 2011

If you wish to register for the series please call me on 01252 325930 or 07836 713677. Further details will follow.

Many Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Lucy Bass

xx

We are pleased to announce the dates for our series next year. We haven't booked up all of the sites yet but here are the dates and the sites will follow.

Round 1 - March 13th 2010

Round 2 - April 17th 2010

Round 3 - June 5th 2010

Round 4 - July 24th 2010

Round 5 - September 18th 2010

Round 6 - October 23rd 2010

If you wish to register for the series please call me on 01252 325930 or 07836 713677. Further details will follow.

Many Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Lucy Bass

xx

Sorry chaps meant to be 2011 not 2010 !

I have now booked the sites for the 2011 series. They are as follows:

Round 1 - 13th March 2011 Slindon Safari

Round 2 - 17th April 2011 West Harptree

Round 3 - 5th June 2011 Muddy Bottom, Minstead.

Round 4 - 24th July 2011 Mud Monsters, East Grinstead

Round 5 - 18th Sept 2011 Yarwell

Round 6 - 23rd Oct 2011 Coney Green.

As you can see we have made a few site changes just to make it a bit more interesting for all concerned. The entry fee will remain the same as last year at £60 per round or £320 if you book the whole series in advance.

I have not finalised the exact details of the series but I will be definately spliting competitors into three levels, novice, intermediate and experienced. For the people that have entered our series before I will be working out your level on an average punch count over the year, for those who are new to the series, it will be up to you to tell me what you have done in the way of challenge previously. I will then determine your level from this but we retain overall descression and will monitor and adjust if necessary. This system is fair and has worked well in previous years. We will also be requiring every car to produce a valid MOT certificate at every round. More details to follow.

Lucy

xx

some really good sites there for next year, i suppose i,ll have to enter again because this series is hard to beat if your looking for a right good crack

the people are a real good bunch and the hospitality is second to none so if your looking for hassle free winch comp with no argueing this is the one, :D

Gotta agree with Mr Kelly...great bunch of people, a great laugh, and nobody takes it too seriously. There's a great sense of camaraderie in this series, made some good friends let year!

Good news to those of you that know me and Kevin, we're about to start rebuilding the Purple Pig so with a bit of luck and a following wind we'll see you all at the first event!!

Tom

Gotta agree with Mr Kelly...great bunch of people, a great laugh, and nobody takes it too seriously. There's a great sense of camaraderie in this series, made some good friends let year!

Good news to those of you that know me and Kevin, we're about to start rebuilding the Purple Pig so with a bit of luck and a following wind we'll see you all at the first event!!

Tom

Nobody takes it too seriously :o !!!! don`t let Kev see that or you`ll be out of a job! :blink:

Hi Chaps,

Thought it was all going swimmingly!!! But I need to make a site change I am afraid. Round 1 will now be at muddy bottom and round three at slindon so the line up is as follows:

Round 1 - 13th March 2011 Muddy Bottom Minstead

Round 2 - 17th April 2011 West Harptree

Round 3 - 5th June 2011 Slindon safari

Round 4 - 24th July 2011 Mud Monsters East Grinstead

Round 5 - 18th September 2011 Yarwell

Round 6 - 23rd October 2011 Coney Green

I don't intend to make any more changes!!

Good news guys and well done for stepping up to the stage again!

Not entirely sure what we will be doing this year, but we will endeavour to be competing in this series again... Got to defend the trophy, but I hope there will be some new-comers to push us harder!!

Can I pre-book Team 4 again Lucy?? Or do I get number 1.........:lol: Also, can you reserve number 2 for Mr Kelly, just so I can point to it to remind him all year?!!! :P

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year everyone!!

We are still debating on what handicap/class structure to go for next year and I am really keen to get it all sorted asap. So rather than it cause arguements in the Bass household I thought I would give you an insight into our options and see what you all think or whether you have any better suggestions. We must remember that this series was originallyt designed for novices so we want what ever we decide to not have a detremental effect on their results but still make it worth while for the experienced to take part, as you know we could not run the event purely for novices we just wouldn't get the entries and it doesn't matter what anyone says the winning does count and if you clear the card and still don't walk away with a trophy I feel it is a little unfair!! Also if you come up with any suggestions I need it to be uncomplicated, for example I will not do the punch being worth more if fewer people get it, this is too complicated and therefore mistakes can too easily be made.

Option 1

3 classes - Novice

Intermediate

Experienced

So the levels of experience will be against each other, I will determine the levels as I have done before.

But this option would mean that car classes would not be counted so people with one winch onlt could potentially be up against people will all of the toys. This is my favourite idea as there is very few people, even novices who only have 1 winch. Last year in two rounds I only had 3 class 2 cars enter the competition so I would not then be able to split these three again into three experience classes.

Option 2

Make the scoring system the same as it was last year with class 1 and class 2 but have the hadicap percentages closer together ie: 100%- Novice, 90%- Intermediate and 80% - Experienced.

This is a example score:

Experienced 38 punches score 3040

Intermediate 34 punches score 3060

Novice 30 punches score 3000

I feel this system is biased towards the more experienced people.

Option 3

Do as in option 1 as far as class 1, 2 and 3 go but handicap peoples cars.

For example handicap 5 points per aid.

1 x diff lock front

1 x diff lock rear

1 x front winch

1 x centre winch

1 x rear winch

1 x tyres over 35" (measured not written)

1 x portal axles

1 x fiddle brakes

But I feel that if someone has good driving ability but not that many aids they will do very well!!!!

These are the ideas we have come up with so let me know what you think!!!

Lucy

x

I personally think Option 3 is the best of both systems but could do with developing a little. That way, the more experienced teams with only one winch (kevin & tom for example) stand a good chance of getting into the prizes.

I don't know off the top of my head what the average punch counts were from last year, but I feel the effort that a team with only one winch puts in should get rewarded.

A team with all the toys may clear the card, but the likes of Kevin who may only get 25 punches will have worked much harder and should be able to earn a place on the podium at the end of the day...

Just my couple of pennies

I appreciate that there is a difficult balance to hit and it will be the subject of much scrutiny, so I don't envy the task. I'll have a go at developing Option 3 a bit and see what I can come up with...