New Hydraulic Winch

saley

Looking flippin good pal, you've proved to the South were not all dim up North, just most of us!

What does he mean "keep Boothy away from it" does he realise I'm on the payroll?

Well done John and Carl, just put a V8 in it now and it will be the dogs danglies. :P:rolleyes:

Looking good , have you got a casting supplier yet? theres a good company nearby to me that would be more than capable of handling the work, if you want the details I'll pm them to you ...

It will be good to see it in the metal at the show

Cheers

Steveb

An update of progres so far,

To get an idea of actual size i have put a 150mm rule alongside the casing,

today carl and john have completed the 2 speed gear housing and fitted the gear train,we just need to finish a bit of milling on the main case and then that is finnished,ive got about a day on the lathe to finnish the fidley bits,the ones that take an age and it looks like you done nowt,I think we are still on track to test on suday but will see how tomorow goes,if not then it will be following weekend,

post-5185-1201214188_thumb.jpg

post-5185-1201214274_thumb.jpg

post-5185-1201386878_thumb.jpg

An absolutely beautiful piece of work John & Carl,……….. B)

Looking now, I am guessing that you used the original MM drive shaft to drive the Gearbox from the motor ……………. I am also guessing that you may have the MM gearbox in there as well ? :unsure:

:)

Ian

Cant give to much away but the most of the gear train is scratch built

post-5185-1201387536_thumb.jpg

An absolutely beautiful piece of work John & Carl,……….. B)

Looking now, I am guessing that you used the original MM drive shaft to drive the Gearbox from the motor ……………. I am also guessing that you may have the MM gearbox in there as well ? :unsure:

Ian

Hi Ian

for this prototype we have chopped the MM shaft shorter for speed and used the MM toggles only all the gears are custom

Lads,

All I can say I was totally impressed by the speed power and I worked a treat 1st time out.

Flew through a lot of varied tests and I like it, I will upload a video of it through some deep sand and mud as soon as I find how to and the lead for the phone

You will without question be impressed.

Boothy

great job guysm was very impressed

obviously everything wasnt smooth as was 1st outing, but it was a good 1st time out for it anyhow

shame we spent more time looking at the underside of twiggys bonnet :P:P:P

when you making me one then :lol:

dan

the winch ran perfect for its first test,it was the pump that had a blown seal which we blew at last comp so ran it till it went alltogether

Looks like a really nice job guys.

Just for someone who doesn't speak 'winch'... What are the advantages of this winch over what is commercially available (H14 etc)? Just curious, sorry for the dumbass Q. :ph34r:

Nice to see some proper machining.

Cheers, Al.

Looks like a really nice job guys.

Just for someone who doesn't speak 'winch'... What are the advantages of this winch over what is commercially available (H14 etc)? Just curious, sorry for the dumbass Q. :ph34r:

Nice to see some proper machining.

Cheers, Al.

I did also wonder this, if its using the same pump, motor and gear ratios as the Milemarker Type R, what is the point??

Also is it my imagination or is it bloody HUGE? Still some excellent engineering there, no doubting that.

Its roughly the same size as a 8274 and I think it will fit where a 8274 will fit,

Look at the size of the drum its huge and should hold a good length of some seriously thick rope, and like big green says no worries about bunching, which on its own is a massive advantage,

it had about 70 foot of 12mm on yesterday and it looked lost on there.....(bit like me in Tesco's)