BFG MT KM2s

GBMUD

I am in need of some new tyres and have seen BFG MT KM2 mentioned.

Does anyone have KM2s fitted to their car? Where (in the UK) did they come from? Do they have an 'E' mark on them to indicate road legality in Europe?

If you do not have any, does anyone know anyone who has some and could check for an 'E' mark?

FWIW I need 255/85 16s.

I am interested in hard facts rather than speculation please guys.

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris

changed my 255s out here in Bucharest for 265s (only ones i could get at short notice) and ive done about 6k miles on them since.......they seem to be wearing well and have been good in mud, deep snow and ice so far.

Hope this helps

Hi Chris

changed my 255s out here in Bucharest for 265s (only ones i could get at short notice) and ive done about 6k miles on them since.......they seem to be wearing well and have been good in mud, deep snow and ice so far.

Hope this helps

I assume these are the new 'KM2' types? Any 'E' type markings on them? What about US DOT markings as per the thread linked by Will below?

Not e marked Chris

D4x4 forum linky

Will :)

That thread seems only to cloud the waters further with regard to legality...

Chris

• 4 months later...
Any more news on these tyres as I'm looking to replace mine and these look like a good bet. AJL- do they perform better in mud than the old KM's?

Thanks

Pete

I was talking to a 4site4x4 agent the other day and the range of 4x4 tyres available at the moment seemed pretty carp especially in some sizes. They had nothing listed in 255/85/16 for example

BF Goodrich MT KM's seem to be in very short supply in particular so maybe this is some indication of the KM2's being offically sold here soon. I have been holding out on buying tyres until I get can get a set of KM's but if they take much longer in launching them I will have to buy something else.

Ben

did they get them e-marked then or are they a solely off road tyre for the UK market?

also BF's seemed in short supply prob do with pound to dollar not sure i know a mate was looking for some BF's was quoted 190 ish for 255/85

dave

did they get them e-marked then or are they a solely off road tyre for the UK market?

also BF's seemed in short supply prob do with pound to dollar not sure i know a mate was looking for some BF's was quoted 190 ish for 255/85

dave

If they are launching them in Europe it would be safe to assume they will be E-Marked although as some have said a Dot marked tyre for the US market appears to be ok for use in the EU.

I think the crazy prices for BFG's is largely to do with both the weakness of the pound and lack of supply.

Ben

• 2 weeks later...