Seat subframe to runner bolt size ?

I have just removed my passenger seat to do a bit of repair work on the vinyl trim and noticed one of the bolts that secure the runner to the sub frame is missing.

Looked on parts catalogue hoping to get an idea of the size but they don't appear to be itemised, assume they come as part of the full assembly.

Anyone got an idea what size they are ? they are the cross head bolts rounded on top and recessed into the frame holding the runner to the sub frame.

Not bothered about the length as I can cut it down if necessary but an idea of the thread would be helpful. Ive tried to remove one so I could take it to a local shop, who stock every size imaginable but the suckers are well and truly secure probably used lock tight to hold in place. I could use an impact driver to remove one, but if I can get the size it's easier to leave as is.

On a separate but related note - when I undid the sub frame bolts from the seat base/box section I noticed one of the runners at the back was not secured properly. when I finally got the seat frame off, the end section of the runner where the bolt goes through was snapped at the bolt hole. Appears the previous owner had just used a large washer to hold it in place, fortunately they left the broken piece in place so Ive also got to get that tack welded today if I can, don't fancy buying a new or secondhand runner. If it cannot be welded may have to drill another hole a bit further back to secure it. What starts as a straight forward job :unsure: always seems to escalate to something bigger eh.

Ian

There's always a period of sorting out previous owner's bodges Ian ?

I'd also like to know the size as I'm also missing of of those large countersunk screws.

Sorry I'm no help but at least you're not alone ?

Mo

They're M8 x 35 raised head countersunk. 

I just took one of mine out to check and yes they are tight, had to use an impact driver to loosen it.

Just had a thought; they're the same style as the original earlier hinge screws, maybe a source if you've replaced any in the past and kept the old ones.

fullsizeoutput_243.jpeg

Edited by crwoody
Add detail

Do you mean this sort of thing, because you should be able to get those fairly easy.

http://aufaster.en.made-in-china.com/product/svGnpOBuATcy/China-Cross-Recessed-Raised-Countersunk-Head-Screw-DIN966.html

I always use Kayfast on the bay of E, order today and it will arrive with the post tomorrow.

Or order them from the chinese mob - they can do you 300tons of them in a month!

Worth while question sorted out a couple of us there thank a bunch much appreciated, surprised mine is the passenger side that's missing too is this more common than we think ?

Land Rover saving money in the past eh 1 bolt in every vehicle soon mounts up LOL.

Seriously thanks crwoody for the info very much appreciated.

Ian

Hmm, usually the seat runners are secured to the seat frames with 3 per side, but are usually secured to the base with just 4 bolts, without bracing to the chassis, however, they have all passed the BSI " Sit Down and have a cup of tea" Certification, which in my mind is a far mor reliable test than anything dreamt up by EU idots.  I know , its a sticking point but have you seen the rubbish that some call an off road vehicle Ha Ha Ha

• 5 years later...

👍

On 3/30/2022 at 9:04 PM, western said:

I may have a supply of these screws in 3 to 4 weeks, 

I will post up the info when I get the supply,price wise it will be around £1 per screw plus post, obviously combined post for more the 1 screw, more info to follow. 

Fitted these 8 bolts to my front seats, had to drill 3 heads off as the swaged in nut was spinning, so replace those with M8 rivnuts, 

I found there are 3 bolts per side, so 6 screws per seat base slider, I'll have to order 4 more as I used the removed old bolts in the rearmost holes. 

& the original screws on my 1989 110CSW front seats were  flat head countersunk but the raised head screws don't interfere with any seat movement, so job done both my seats are fully connected to the slde/subframe again.