Series Rock Slider's

Cornish Rattler

Mill Services show two obvious options

With jacking location tubes. and With plain box section.

The option that isn't mentioned is that of rounding the ends of the tubes, so they 'sort of' mirror the curved ends of the standard sills.
IMHO this not only looks better from a side view, but also has the advantage that if they do ever touch the ground, the curved end imposes less stress on the mountings.

As with any made to order item, do not order in anticipation of delivery by the next weekend.

Regards.

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 0:45 PM, David Sparkes said:

Mill Services show two obvious options

With jacking location tubes. and With plain box section.

The option that isn't mentioned is that of rounding the ends of the tubes, so they 'sort of' mirror the curved ends of the standard sills.
IMHO this not only looks better from a side view, but also has the advantage that if they do ever touch the ground, the curved end imposes less stress on the mountings.

As with any made to order item, do not order in anticipation of delivery by the next weekend.

Regards.

Yeah I mite get some ordered soon so I'm not waiting when the 2a is near done :)

Edited by Cornish Rattler

The Mill Services type use strips that you drill yourself for the rear mountings, only the front is set by them for lateral position on 109 versions.  I am assuming the same is true of the 88 versions.  That is just a length of angle welded at 90 degrees to the inside face of the sill with a large bolt hole to pick up on the bulkhead A-pillar bottom bolt.  If you have the sills made to stick out, then you have the option to drill a second hole to move them flush with the body.  I suspect if you have them made flush, you will not have a long enough bracket to drill a new hole to move them outward if you decide the body needs more protection.  I think you're right that flush looks better, but their protection is compromised, and the flexibility to ove the may be useful.

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 1:29 PM, Snagger said:

The Mill Services type use strips that you drill yourself for the rear mountings, only the front is set by them for lateral position on 109 versions.  I am assuming the same is true of the 88 versions.  That is just a length of angle welded at 90 degrees to the inside face of the sill with a large bolt hole to pick up on the bulkhead A-pillar bottom bolt.  If you have the sills made to stick out, then you have the option to drill a second hole to move them flush with the body.  I suspect if you have them made flush, you will not have a long enough bracket to drill a new hole to move them outward if you decide the body needs more protection.  I think you're right that flush looks better, but their protection is compromised, and the flexibility to ove the may be useful.

Yeah from what I can remember they was just proud of the doors and front of the rear wings so a door of another car would hit them rather than hit the door / body work of the 2a, I could get the other type with the built in tree slider but the tree slider part would stick out quite a lot and I would probably need extended wheel arches and wide tyres which I don't want and would look daft on a 2a so think the Mill sevices ones would look and do the job better :)

I know what you mean Cornish rattler, I want some for mine as I haven't got the original ally side sills and want a little bit of protection for the doors and tub, but if the stick out too far it will look silly, as my tyre are just inline with the body work and no extended arches like on a 90. My series isn't a serious off roader so don't need tree bars. To be fair we have had box section type on our 90 for years without the tree bars and with careful driving they have been fine. 

Take a picture of what you end up with as I will be in the market for some soon

thanks 

jon 

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 10:28 PM, Jon W said:

I know what you mean Cornish rattler, I want some for mine as I haven't got the original ally side sills and want a little bit of protection for the doors and tub, but if the stick out too far it will look silly, as my tyre are just inline with the body work and no extended arches like on a 90. My series isn't a serious off roader so don't need tree bars. To be fair we have had box section type on our 90 for years without the tree bars and with careful driving they have been fine. 

Take a picture of what you end up with as I will be in the market for some soon

thanks 

jon 

Yeah will do :)