Weight of rolling chassis

I do often, but then Again I'm weight obsessed! :D 2380 as it sits isn't too bad, you probably have tools etc with you, and the bumper and winch will also weigh quite a lot. I was just surprised at the weight without the roof etc. Did you also have the winch and and bumper on back then?

Edited by Soren Frimodt

I make a living out of paperwork, Customs & transport of things and have so far in 35 years never found the actual weight of a vehicle, trailer, truck, whatever to be what is on the "official paperwork".. And if you're going to get close to the max. it is really important to have actual figures to work with as it could lead to real nasty situations  when you get it wrong.

Often, the empty weight of trailer can be as much as 20 % lower on paper are on the scales.. For this 110, the "kerb weight" is about 23 % lower than what you see. So we weigh everything we make paperwork for, transport, etc. so we know really what we're talking about. Yes, winchbumper, sliders, rear bashplate, Series roof, twin tanks, etc. all influence the total weight. After the roll cage goes on, we'll weigh it again.

We very often tow trailers,  transport vehicles, have oversized loads and meeting with uniforms are so much easier when you know for a fact what you're talking about and are legal. And as I travel a lot across borders and in France, like Germany, they like to have a go at towing vehicles as many accidents happen because of overlaoding etc so it pays to have it all compliant.. 

And it is fun to see them realise that they're not going to win... :)

Edited by Arjan

" Did you also have the winch and and bumper on back then? "

I'll dig out a picture of what we had on the scales to visualize..

IF I can find them as we're moving servers at the moment..

Yes I'm sure you are quite right, its much like fuel consumption specs, they rarely hold true. Its the very same reason I weigh all my stuff so often, though I don't use it professionaly, only for my hobby. But I have 2 weigh bridges I use regularly and they rarely show the same, especially in this time of year where they weigh all the tractors with their heavy trailers, the weight sub 2000T vary quite a bit. Guess they don't get them calibrated often enough, probably only once a year

I have access to calibrated scales both here and in Holland and yes, margins are always interesting.. We deal with trains (up to 2.600 tonnes) and ships (a lot more) and often we have interesting variations in the paperwork once the sums are done..

Happened to run over a weighbridge during a race earlier this year. My raceready 90" softtop with two persons , winches, groundanchor and so on went to 2280 and a mates 110 stw to 2380 😀

At another race one of the tasks was guessing the weight of your car...a couple of crews were surprised ...

Something tells me that a chassis is arround 300 kg and I recall my 90 being very heavy when my dad and I had to move it so sounds about right.

/mads

The frame alone will be in the area 100-150kg, axles in the same area. So I guess around 600-700kg together with suspension stuff and without wheels.

A half worn 265/75-16 BFG AT weighs 22kgs, rims about the same... so that is another 180-200kgs.

I think that is about the answer on your question. :-)