Stop and tail LED bulbs

Why Ross, are LED bulbs racist ? 😉

sorted now, good old Halfrauds.

Please don't post, anyone, how LED bulbs are illegal etc. I've read it a million times !

But I do have DRLs now.

Thanks for your help.

Mo

• Like 1

20 hours ago, landroversforever said:

Because of the way an LED works, I don't think you'll find a white LED version of a stop/tail. 

LEDs can come in many colours, as well as white white with varying intensities is not unusual.

In theory I see no reason why you could not have a white emitter with 2 circuits of different brightness.However what products someone has chosen to manufacture for generic automotive use may be more limited.

I don't doubt it, I've used Perei NAS rear lights on mine. I tried the Wipac NAS rear light but found it too directional and I didn't like being able to see the individual LEDs. The Perei lights are more expensive but the gem diffuses the light to make it less directional.

Mo

27 minutes ago, Mo Murphy said:

I don't doubt it, I've used Perei NAS rear lights on mine. I tried the Wipac NAS rear light but found it too directional and I didn't like being able to see the individual LEDs. The Perei lights are more expensive but the gem diffuses the light to make it less directional.

Mo

I think this every time I look at front of 110 with side lights on they are a directional light where as original lights were all over front wing 

4 hours ago, mickeyw said:

LEDs can come in many colours, as well as white white with varying intensities is not unusual.

In theory I see no reason why you could not have a white emitter with 2 circuits of different brightness.However what products someone has chosen to manufacture for generic automotive use may be more limited.

It's all doable, but my understanding is that LEDs can't be filtered in the same way light from an incandescent lamp can be. So in the case of a stop/tail LED in white, you would not get a very good output if you then put that behind a red lense.

2 minutes ago, landroversforever said:

It's all doable, but my understanding is that LEDs can't be filtered in the same way light from an incandescent lamp can be. So in the case of a stop/tail LED in white, you would not get a very good output if you then put that behind a red lense.

Good job they're going behind a clear lens then Ross 😉👍

Mo

• Like 2

On 6/13/2019 at 10:32 PM, Mo Murphy said:

I'm not a fan, though, of the cold blue white bulb, it doesn't really go with the 90's incandescent headlamps. I wonder if warm white are available ?

Mo

I have seen them online.