V8 pulley

11 hours ago, Bowie69 said:

Agreed, I think it is a 101 24V FFR variant, though no practical use really to most people that have sensible brains - much simpler methods of doing things around.

It is not a 101 pulley - nothing like it.  I have a 24v 101.  More like something from a car that runs power steering and airconditioning as well as water pump and alternator - like a Range Rover Classic. The 101 pulley has two slots for the 24v alternator (twin belt) and one other for the water pump (single belt).

Fair enough, I must have seen it elsewhere then!

RRCs are different, less grooves, as they run ancillaries by (for example) a double pulley on the PAS pump, ith a belt off that to alternator. AC is on a separate belt off the water pump as well, I think.

Perhaps an SD1, I guess some had AC?

In the early One_Ten V8 the crank pulley typically only has 2 grooves. One for the water pump and the other for the PS pump. the alternator is driven by a belt from the PS pump  and AC is driven from the water pump.

the pulley pictured is unusual not least for the number of belt grooves, (4 or 5?) but in that it appears to be cast. The typical pulley is built up from the basic damper assembly and  a series of pressed metal elements.

Best bet? Get in touch with the publishers and ask them to identify it

Edited by neil110