Engine Crane wheels

Anderzander

A quick search for industrial trolley wheels brought up www.rosscastors.co.uk , quite an extensive range . I've used Hayley bearings for similar stuff in the past . Engine crane wheels are always too small , a stray M6 nut on smooth concrete will stop it , especially when loaded . Something with bearings if you do go ahead is definitely worth the extra too .

cheers

Steve b 

It would be interesting to see you do it , I only ever think about doing it when there is 300KG hung on the jib and a wheel has jammed against an old cable tie under the truck ....

The holes centres are usually set to a standard so other makes will fit ( of a similar size )

cheers

Steve b

I fitted slightly bigger rubber tread ones to my Clarke folding 1T when the originals fell apart. They were rated 500kg each and as most weight is on the front ones under load seems fine to me.

Only downside was that the rear was higher and when folded the crane tended to tip forward, so i fitted a longer support foot to the base.