ecoflow

pinny

i was given an ecoflow which appears to be a magnet housed in a plastic case this lump attaches to fuel line by two tie wraps its supposed to clean engine and cut fuel consumption has any body got one or using one does it do any good

throw it in the bin it is complete Tosh

just my opinion

otherwise all vehicles would come fitted with them as standard

i was thinking of that when you read the sales literature this is better than sliced bread all i can see happening is the fuel line eventually being full of tiny metal particles

i was given an ecoflow which appears to be a magnet housed in a plastic case this lump attaches to fuel line by two tie wraps its supposed to clean engine and cut fuel consumption has any body got one or using one does it do any good

I've had people swear by them and others ridicule them ... but since you've got it, it isn't going to cost you anything or do you any harm to try it and report back here!

Very similar units do help reduce scaling in water and produce both positive (and negative) medicinal effects in both humans and animals but after some years I still haven't seen a plausible explanation of why. Unfortunately most of Ecoflow's own literature is pure pseudo-science marketing babble so doesn't help. Perhaps if they said 'if it works we have no idea why' I'd believe them more!

I tested/reviewed another 'gizmo' which people were ridiculing ... but I could generate demonstrable (and repeatable) results with it fitted. Unfortunately I still can't specify whether it lived up to the claims of the device, just that it was affecting the burn in my particular engine with its particular state of tune in some way.

The one conclusion I have reached with most of the 'fuel saving' devices is that in an older engine results are generally more significant than in a highly controlled modern engine where any change (positive or negative) can potentially be masked by automatic counteraction or compensation by the ecu.

AndyG

I've had people swear by them and others ridicule them ... but since you've got it, it isn't going to cost you anything or do you any harm to try it and report back here!

Very similar units do help reduce scaling in water and produce both positive (and negative) medicinal effects in both humans and animals but after some years I still haven't seen a plausible explanation of why. Unfortunately most of Ecoflow's own literature is pure pseudo-science marketing babble so doesn't help. Perhaps if they said 'if it works we have no idea why' I'd believe them more!

I tested/reviewed another 'gizmo' which people were ridiculing ... but I could generate demonstrable (and repeatable) results with it fitted. Unfortunately I still can't specify whether it lived up to the claims of the device, just that it was affecting the burn in my particular engine with its particular state of tune in some way.

The one conclusion I have reached with most of the 'fuel saving' devices is that in an older engine results are generally more significant than in a highly controlled modern engine where any change (positive or negative) can potentially be masked by automatic counteraction or compensation by the ecu.

AndyG

im getting more amd more confused ill stick it on for a month and see what happens

I've seen these things for sale at nearly £50 :o

For that sort of money you would expect noticeable results - so how about if you check it out and let us know how you get on :)

Rog

ill stick it on and see if anything happens it cost nothing so ive got nothing to lose

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As the guys who sell these things know there is a mug born every minute. Even if the thingys did save petrol or diesel you would normally have to drive about 2 million miles to break even. At least most of these things do no damage, although some of the oil additives that contain 'teflon' particles have been known to block filters and cause engine seizures.

As the Yanks say, avoid 'snake oil'.