Driver door won’t shut

Okay X trousers fitted. Messed with hinges. Pulled and refitted seals and it was good for a bit. Redo and super tighten hinges and it's good. I think seal was catching somewhere but door closes okay at the moment so hooray 🤠

• Like 1

It would be nice if any readers of this thread who have bought Britpart door seals could feed back to us on these new softer items.

I'm coming up to renewing mine and the price of new genuine is quite eye watering compared to the potential of a new effective Britpart item.

Mo

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mo Murphy said:

It would be nice if any readers of this thread who have bought Britpart door seals could feed back to us on these new softer items.

I'm coming up to renewing mine and the price of new genuine is quite eye watering compared to the potential of a new effective Britpart item.

Mo

I want to know when this change happened and what the change was becuase I had some at the end of last year and they were awful. Some said it is all over the internet - if it is please can someone share a link becuase I can't find any details what so ever. I'm happy to be proven that my searching skills need some improvements.

1 hour ago, mad_pete said:

Mangled yepIMG_20201219_124602.thumb.jpg.3578b92af6da8ad6663a474bad01d398.jpg

That could cause a little rattling, but shouldn’t cause the latch to pop.  Mine are marked too, but I don’t get any latching problems.  I think it’s more likely to be an adjustment issue.

I couldn’t get that one to latch when it was off the car pushing it in by hand into the door. The x eng one is fine to do that with so I am going to go with my mangled catch is a problem. It is mangled on both sides. I think had alignment and seal issues as well. Pretty much all the problems 🙂

17 hours ago, monkie said:

I want to know when this change happened and what the change was becuase I had some at the end of last year and they were awful. Some said it is all over the internet - if it is please can someone share a link becuase I can't find any details what so ever. I'm happy to be proven that my searching skills need some improvements.

Got to say I had a look too and couldn't find much either.

I used the X Eng latches on mine after ripping an expensive pair of jeans on the originals so would recommend them.

On the subject of door seals, I need to find a replacement set for my Series 3 but as with the Defender ones, I’m looking for recommendations on a decent quality supplier. 

I can’t find a definitive answer in the various posts on the topic to the Britpart ones that are being advertised.

Other than BP who else would be worth looking at? Can early Defender one piece seals be fitted to a Series door frame without modification?

I have Defender seals on my 109.  They really do fit a lot better if you remove the lip from the flange they normally rivet too.  But that’s the only alteration needed, and it wouldn’t preclude the use of Series seals later if you wanted to use them.