Saw this for sale today...

No price visible, but it was in a premium second hand dealer with Porsches, Ferrari’s, Astons and so on, so they’ll be wanting at least 250,000AED (£50k).  It looks immaculate, probably only has a few thousand KM on the clock.  If only...

6A3758BC-F271-43AE-AF61-9A82815210DB.jpeg

3 hours ago, steve b said:

Very nice , and real sand tyres too ? 

Steve

Yup.  Often see them on old style Patrols (with the split rear door), but rarely on anything else.  Almost all Jeep Wranglers have enormous knobbly things on, great for digging themselves in!  In fairness, quite a few folk with the lifted and accessorised Jeeps go wadi driving, which is quite major rock driving.

40 minutes ago, Badger110 said:

I've not seen one like it before, steering guards of all shapes n sizes, but never a bar.

Live n learn :D

It’s the LR Gen Parts or factory fitted steering guard.  The plate types are all aftermarket.

• Like 1

Yep I still have the bar one from mine. Doesn't give you quite as much confidence as a solid metal plate.

These are one of the few end of run Defenders that I think come close to being worth a premium. They capture what the last 60 years was all about very well rather than showing how much like a new Audi you can try to make one.

£50k wouldn't even be stupidly unrealistic in the current market (unfortunately).

• Like 1

620877546_WhatsAppImage2020-12-30at19_36_27.thumb.jpeg.0dc58ea5e501a5b392cb8e07665ab02c.jpeg

On 4/6/2021 at 12:31 PM, Snagger said:

No price visible, but it was in a premium second hand dealer with Porsches, Ferrari’s, Astons and so on, so they’ll be wanting at least 250,000AED (£50k).  It looks immaculate, probably only has a few thousand KM on the clock.  If only...

6A3758BC-F271-43AE-AF61-9A82815210DB.jpeg

I lived in Dubai (on SZR) until recently and used to offroad there and in Oman at every opportunity - at the time I was driving a tricked out Wrangler JK (Stoffel) but my partner in crime drives a D2 (Bosco). We had several camping friends with a variety of LRs (including one lady friend with 2 Camel Trophy 110s), but older are far from common out there. mainly due to lack of spares and non-main-dealer garages. Also, reliability in the heat is an issue, even if supposedly GCC-specced.

There are several great LR museums out there as a couple of the Sheiks are big fans - the al Shamsi Land Rover Collection has an identical Heritage 90 in their collection which was covered in the January 2021 CLR.

Edited by Nickod
Added reference to al Shamsi Heritage 90
  • Like 1