LRO Peterborough Show - Sept 11/12, 2021

simonr

I decided I'd like to go - so have bought a ticket.  We ought out of the worst of the Pandemic by then - but who knows.  I decided it's one of the things I've missed the most and at the very least will give me something to look forward to!

Hopefully some of the clubs (like Shire?) will be there, along with some familiar faces!

Si

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We've just got home from the LRO Show - and it was surprisingly good!

I only bought a few odds & ends - but it was great just to be able to wander around & talk to everyone.  Saw loads of people, though not many from here.

It was the first time Sarah & I (and Angus the Dog) have been away in my Camper Van - and it worked really well.  The only things she suggested as changes related to storage of stuff - and I think she was right, or at least had better ideas than me.

Si

• Like 1

We got back yesterday too, had a great time although it was a shame that some of the usual suppliers such as MUD UK and Masai were missing

We may have enjoyed a couple of beers too many with the Gigglepin crew on Friday night so Saturday morning was a slower start than planned!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steve200TDi said:

I see from the photos that there were new model Defenders there. Were there many stalls selling add ons for them, e.g. snorkels, light bars, suspension etc?

I didn't see anything obvious - but to be honest, I wasn't looking!  They will come, I have no doubt.

Are you thinking about getting one then?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, simonr said:

I didn't see anything obvious - but to be honest, I wasn't looking!  They will come, I have no doubt.

There was a Black 110 that had been lifted using extended ride height sensors on the stand 1 down from the Bowler stand but that was all I saw

• Like 1

On 9/14/2021 at 11:28 AM, simonr said:

No, I'm happy with my Range Rover, I was just curious as I thought they might have been more stuff there for the new model. I guess in reality it takes a while to get a new product to market and to do the R and D on it.

Steve