Budget workshop build

miketomcat

Check the freebies on Gumtree I got around 40 3x2 slabs free uplift, shame your not closer could have got you some free bags of concrete mix from work, some of the concrete mix you can pay and level dry and then spray several times with water to set, used this method for a lean-to at the side of my garage worked well regards Stephen

• 2 weeks later...

The front wall went up Friday, I've done away with the window for now. The door has been moved from the original shed to the concrete workshop opening and works better than it ever did. I also cut the old roof off on Saturday. Yesterday I got the rest of the frame up and membrane/sheeted the roof.

IMG_20220123_155627.thumb.jpg.e547cf125893417256f56525e73f4dbb.jpg

Mike

• Like 4

10 hours ago, David Sparkes said:

I wonder what ugly complete looks like?

(Bored, and reading a Spike Milligan book. His approach must be catching).

1 hour ago, FridgeFreezer said:

Ooooh which one?

Mussolini - His part in my Downfall, in which is classified a Psycho Neurotic after a mortar near miss.

Didn't leave me in a positive mood.

Regards.

6 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

Mike -looking good, a roof on makes a huuuuge difference :)

It certainly does, I was hoping to get it on at Christmas but the weather and realizing the front had to be done first scuppered that. Hopefully I can get the rear Half's floor sorted soon then I can take the rear wall down. I've been out tonight to sort some temporary lighting so I can get some stuff done in the evening's.

Mike

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, David Sparkes said:

Mussolini - His part in my Downfall, in which is classified a Psycho Neurotic after a mortar near miss.

Didn't leave me in a positive mood.

No, the 1st book is relatively chirpy and it does get less fun as the series goes along. Interesting read though.

1 hour ago, Anderzander said:

Wow Mike - it suddenly looks massive ! 

It's about 27m² floor area inside, plus 6m² external dry storage. It should be a decent work area it's just a shame I can't get a car to it with the exception of a jem shell :ph34r: when she's not looking.

Mike

• Haha 1

Ive

1 hour ago, Bowie69 said:

I take it you haven't had much chance to do anything with vehicles yet, then ;) 

I've done a gearbox swap on the drive and they know I've got cars that aren't here yet. :ph34r: plus we have a 110, the ibex, a big box trailer out the front and I think they know about the Sankey up the side. :hysterical:

Mike

• Like 3