Door Hinges

I need some new front door hinges, bought some a few year back (yes in a blue box....), retrieved them from  them their resting place only to find they have more slop than the old ones.  

Can anyone recommend a supplier, not interested in go faster ones that cost more than a new door, just common or garden hinges

I assume the ones you bought are the earlier square type?  I've never found a decent reproduction of those, like you say, they have more slop than the one you remove normally.

Britpart or bearmach versions of the later slightly rounded hinge are actually more than acceptable and quite good value.

I have an old Oneten with S3 doors.

I found, that the new hinges are slightly biger than the old ones. The upper hinges will not fit under the cappings of two part doors. Drillings and their distances are exactly the same.

Best way (what I did 10 years ago) is to drill the old hinges completely to 8mm and put a new 8mm bolt in. This worked for 10 years now.

3 hours ago, Sigi_H said:

I have an old Oneten with S3 doors.

I found, that the new hinges are slightly biger than the old ones. The upper hinges will not fit under the cappings of two part doors. Drillings and their distances are exactly the same.

Best way (what I did 10 years ago) is to drill the old hinges completely to 8mm and put a new 8mm bolt in. This worked for 10 years now.

You could trim the inner face of the hinge to make a notch along its top edge to account for the capping.  Milling would be ideal, but a slitting disc on a grinder would suffice.

11 hours ago, Sigi_H said:

I don´t want to paint them

I think I just doubled up the plastic spacers on both sides of the hinge when I had the issue with the newer type fouling on the galvanised door capping. It doesn't take much to make them clear on the early 90/110 doors, though I'm not sure if the capping on a series 3 door is the same thickness.

14 hours ago, Sigi_H said:

When I remember wright, it was about 3 to 4 mm to double them up. That was a bit to much for me. I keep thinking about it.

Ahh okay, that may be too much. I only had to use 2 per side, instead of the standard 1.