PTO - easier handle

henk

I finally got my hydraulic winch installed and very pleased.

Just the position of the lever to engage it is under the chair close to the handbrake and far from ideal.

Tried also with a handbrake cable, engaging (pull) works fine but it has problems with disengaging (pushing)

Now thinking to go pneumatic but I heard  that there is also a system that has to be installed close to the difflock but can not find any info.

Who can point me in the right direction?

I think you mean a morse cable Mike ? like a remote steering gear cable for an outboard motor . 

My spool valve on my hyd. set up has a morse cable an a nice handy lever easily reached when belted in and at odd angles 

Steve

3 hours ago, steve b said:

I think you mean a morse cable Mike ? like a remote steering gear cable for an outboard motor . 

My spool valve on my hyd. set up has a morse cable an a nice handy lever easily reached when belted in and at odd angles 

Steve

Your quite right my bad, it was early.

Mike

A possible option for you....

This is something I've used several times - most recently to make a remote gear-shift for a HGV we used on Fast 9.  It worked really well, over a distance of about 20 feet.

It's sort of a hybrid of pneumatic & hydraulic.  Essentially using pneumatic cylinders with water as the hydraulic fluid, in a closed loop.  You could equally use a very light oil.

Connect two cylinders with the same swept volume (not necesarily the same bore or stroke) such that the A ports both connect together & likewise for the B ports.  If you connect it all together under water & cycle the cylinders to expel all the air, there will be no air in the system.  We made it using little no-loss connectors which made routing the pipes through bulkheads etc, easier.

Then, when you move one cylinder, the other one moves.  If the bores are different, you can use it to increase / decrease the mechanical advantage as required.

Why pneumatic cylinders instead of hydraulic?  Pneumatic components are rated for water (you usually get condensation in compressed air) and the pressures are generally pretty low.

The remote gear shift used 12mm bore pencil cylinders with 6mm push fit connectors & tube.  It worked well - and had the advantage that the truck could be driven from the cab with the original shifter, or the remote driving pod.

I used the same to control the throttle on a wood-burning stove, from my office too!

• Like 1

632181531_morsecablespoolvalvecontrol.jpg.a916cefe447477dd8fa39995e530b845.jpg

Here you are Henk . The cable fits into the standard spool valve by removing the hand lever and housing . 

This one shown is MHHydraulics.com Indemar single lever IS-3047 and looks very similar to mine 

Hope this helps

Steve

:) a pic , not much use to you though as this is my 109 with scratch built interior 

15-01-07_1310.jpg.f9b23b35ec1b55ebfae57d3f393efbf5.jpg

It's the black bit below the heater vent . 

As it's for the spool valve it needs to be easy to reach. 

The PTO lever is just visible in front off the seat - with the red knob (an old series hi/lo lever )

Steve