'off-road' bucket seat options

Bowie69

Been taking far too long looking at seats for the Little Green Thing, unsure of what to get at the moment, so would appreciate some input from others. There are some considerations I have already thought of/become evident after using the current seats:

• 'Normal' width seats are almost certainly too narrow for my slightly portly frame.
  • I *think* I would prefer vinyl finished seats, in case they get wet, but open to suggestions
  • Must not cost a million pounds
  • I have 5-point harnesses already, and would save a chunk if the new seats supported them, but could move to 5-point if it meant savings elsewhere
  • I think I want them to be red :D

I have come across Raptor 4x4 seats, which seem good value, but are they pap? Experiences welcome...

Most buckets appear to be ~320mm across the hips, one option is the Cobra Monaco Pro, slightly wider vs the 'Sport' version, we are into more money, but they would use the 5-point harnesses, the Raptor would not. there also a vinyl version, but more money again.

Use will not be mainly for competition, but who knows if it will get used in that way.

So, any ideas or experiences/know of a good seat, people? 

TVM!

I bought these for sid the Roach, fake leather and waterproof which was what I wanted also reasonably priced as to what they are like, you will need to wait a while until I can tell you lol I bought them on amount of use verses cost no point In remortgaging the house for the amount of use they will get

They also recline regards Stephen 

20220718_145000.thumb.jpg.d02507177f7a26c91539cbbd246eb9ca.jpg

20220718_145009.thumb.jpg.9dd8df578936d9d7668de7392504030a.jpg

I think these are what most of my trialing club use, I thought they came in thin and not thin sizes but it doesn't seem to suggest so on there. Im sure it was QT that did a removable vinyl pad set that could go in the washer.

Might be worth giving Dave at tornado a ring I think he uses similar.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Stellaghost said:

I'm 5'7" and 13 clem

Is that stone? Thanks Stephen ;) 

And @muddy, cheers, had forgotten about them, would need some padding, I think, will see if there is something available -certainly a cheap way in.

Have you looked at cobra clubman sports? They are rather forgiving on the size of the occupant and have a really nice cushion to sit on. my smashed up back only complained slightly. I also have a set of qt seats…I like them but I really am pushing the limit of size. I need the xl ones but they are hard to find

longranger 4x4 made the fibreglass bucket seats for qt and can get the covers made for you. I am told that he still has the mould so maybe worth making a call

should say I am talking about the fibreglass buckets that fit in a truck cab defender. Redwinch usedto have a seat very very similar to the qt but it was a touch wider and laid back more. They don’t fit in truck cabs though(ask how I know). Longranger also made these seats and I think they’re your way so maybe worth a chat

Edited by dangerous doug
Info
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Doug, Steve, will take a look at both -and yes Longranger aren't far from me.

I suppose the biggest problem buying stuff remotely that actually contacts your body is you almost certainly need to try it out...

9 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

Thanks Doug, Steve, will take a look at both -and yes Longranger aren't far from me.

I suppose the biggest problem buying stuff remotely that actually contacts your body is you almost certainly need to try it out...

I have a set of clubman’s, Monaco pros and qt seats, it’s a shame you’re not closer

Also, just been out to the truck, and waved a tape measure about on the existing seats, the narrow part of the the back of the seat is just 300mm, just above the side belt holes it is 320mm -this feels a little like it may be a 'narrow' fitment seats - @dangerous doug, would you be able to wave a tape measure about at the same points? Appreciate you are busy!

To be clear, this is what I am replacing, with measurements:

image.thumb.jpeg.a3145393a007ca97d59184204c0b732c.jpeg

If they are narrow fitment, then maybe I can get away with normal, and feel better about myself 😛 

19 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

Also, just been out to the truck, and waved a tape measure about on the existing seats, the narrow part of the the back of the seat is just 300mm, just above the side belt holes it is 320mm -this feels a little like it may be a 'narrow' fitment seats - @dangerous doug, would you be able to wave a tape measure about at the same points? Appreciate you are busy!

If they are narrow fitment, then maybe I can get away with normal, and feel better about myself 😛 

I can tell from that photo that the clubman’s are wider…but you don’t sit as deep into them. Qt are deffo the narrowest but they can be made wider by longranger. I’ll see what I can do about getting upto the workshop later to throw a tape on some stuff

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

@Bowie69 some pictures and measurements off my seats regards Stephen 

20220719_100522.thumb.jpg.bd26f71b71e29415ebb991225f215a75.jpg

20220719_100511.thumb.jpg.327fb3d1532878a837c3b1e4069766dc.jpg

20220719_100412.thumb.jpg.6c4d5a2e189cdd9bca1dae54bb2ce130.jpg

20220719_100500.thumb.jpg.c4785dacf4a0e72039d4ed6a3a297399.jpg

20220719_100443.thumb.jpg.3f550ff62886d928bf25223ea22a0178.jpg

• Thanks 1