Just a lovely vehicle...

Bowie69

13 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

Yes, noticeably absent in most EV pre-release media releases.

Also like the hard top!

Being EV, could be possible to make it 4WD more easily.....?

Looking at the picture there does not appear to be space for packaging 4wd as your feet would be where the motors need to go, unless it got much higher

Doesn't look like it has any side windows, which would make it only for the brave as a commuter in this country.

Which is a shame, because it looks fantastic. It's not really what beach buggies are about though. Maybe they'll follow up with a more practical everyday car that still sticks to a no frills approach?

As an owner of a car with no door tops (fitted), and having driven it in some rain (admittedly not downpours), I can confirm there is no problem not having door tops with regard to getting wet -as long as you are moving the rain just passes you by. When stopped, assuming no strong wind, you have a large metal umbrella keeping you dry.

I'm sure something could be made to function as a door top for the soft, even if they didn't make one available from the dealer.

5 hours ago, Bowie69 said:

I'm sure Mike was perfectly dry after that excursion....

On that occasion yes I was, I had plenty where I wasn't so lucky however I had bungs in the floor pan to assist drainage. Interestingly on several occasions I had water over the bonnet but due to the trough behind the bow wave I didn't get wet.

The freestyle on the other hand got very wet and cold regularly, but I used to drive it wearing a one piece waterproof insulated bike suit and crash helmet. But it was lovely in this weather.

Mike

• Like 1

On 8/10/2022 at 5:02 PM, L19MUD said:

It has a roof! Heaters are for wimps 🙂

Yeah, wear a padded boiler suit ! Or, I used to have a WW2 USAF sheepskin bomber crew suit that I used when driving my old open series in the winter. It was too hot though, even in the snow !