OK, this is pretty slick (VR build tool)

That's incredible. If you put that in the hands of some of you guys on here, we'd see a next level of creation/innovation. I genuinely think professional manufactuers would be envious of some of the ideas here.

I'd give it a whirl but I don't need all those fancy electronics to know it'll look like my other projects:

DumpsterFire2.jpg.6e50ddb417133f6aea8ff13ce960d2ea.jpg

I don't think I'd trust it for accurate measurements but for visualising a thing in a space it looks brilliant.

Pretty sure I could make a shopping list faster with a tape measure and piece of paper but I could easily see places like Ikea doing it for laying out a room.

1 hour ago, FridgeFreezer said:

I don't think I'd trust it for accurate measurements but for visualising a thing in a space it looks brilliant.

I had a roofer over a few years ago, he just popped out his phone and used an AR measuring app to make an estimate. No need to bother with a tape measure if that is close enough.

It looks a great design and cutting aid. Unfortunately though, it doesn't actually put the real thing together, so if your ability and workmanship is similar to a bull wearing boxing gloves, the finished thing will still look somewhat .......... unprofessional ?