TD5 110 SW Wooden suspension

So I did must first weekend green landing in my 2005 110 and have confirmed my suspicions that the suspension is way too hard.( no ARB’s and corners with minimal body roll on road). Modest axle twisters that others idled through had my traction control going berserk. Looking at a video of that section the front axle seemed to articulate reasonably but the rear was very poor. From VIN decoderz it appears the vehicle originally came with “2950kg suspension”. No idea what that means.

Springs are too old for any colour codes to be visible and I have yet to liberate one to measure free length but what I can say is that the rears are 19.3mm wire with approx 7 coils and the fronts are 15.5mm and nearly 9 coils.

I don’t want any lift and very infrequently carry any meaningful load so where should I start with replacement rear springs? The boingy  bible hasn’t really helped as it relies mostly on free length so hoping you lot have some sage advice….

19mm puts it very likely in the 330lb rating camp, see the OME springs table on red90.ca.

So it has the van springs designed for the vehicle without the self leveller - which yours doesnt have, correct? 

A squirt of WD and a wipe often allows you to see a fleck or two of the colour coding on springs... Worth try? 

• Like 1

Thanks all. 

She doesn't have a self leveller and I doubt given her age she would have done from new  - 2005TD5? 

No anti roll bars anywhere.

Guess I'll just have to liberate a spring and see what the free length is, once I've cleaned off this weekends detritus from the underside!

@Naks - that's the Boingy Bible. :)