200tdi Snapped Exhaust

Hi All, 

So driving home tonight, I know something went wrong when there was a loud grumble and serious loss of power instantly, followed by a wave of diesel smells in the cab. I managed to crawl home as I was luckily around the corner! Looking under the Land Rover at home.. the exhaust has completely snapped right under the transmission area, hence the fumes. Would anybody be able to recommend where to get an exhaust for a Disco 200tdi auto to fit a 1988 Land Rover 90? I have heard Demand Engineering is good... but not sure if their 200tdi exhausts will fit a Disco 200tdi conversion. I am also wondering if the bit of a lack of grunt from the engine would be caused by a failing exhaust. Pre snap of course... 

I was meant to be starting a few other parts on the car, and I did know the exhaust looked very old... but it forced my hand now! 

Cheers All

I think the power loss may have been my foot coming off the accelerator in fear of what had happened... 

Looking for something that will last, Stainless steel and if there is any way to make a 200tdi a bit quieter through the exhaust then I am all for it

Cheers

• Like 1

I had my 200tdi exhaust made/fitted by powerflow Southampton, its a standand configuration but its 2.5" and it has v clamp joints, its 4 years old and looks like it's off the shelf still, awesome bit of kit.

20200618_122848.jpg

• Like 1

Hi All,

Thank you for the recommendations. I have a video here just trying to attach. I can see there was actually a few cracks in the exhaust. I had a bit of a power issue for a while with the 200tdi and the engine was checked out and all was fine, including the turbo. Would a leaky exhaust cause some top end power loss? 

A leaky exhaust, no, but a leaky manifold could, as would a waste gate stuck open or a blocked exhaust.  It may be that a catalytic converter has bunged up or a muffler box designated internally and blocked the gas flow.