Side window clips - which adhesive?

I had to do some work on my 110's doors today and was rather unimpressed to find that the PU adhesive that I'd previously used to bond the window clips to the glass had failed. I don't remember exactly what it was, but it's white. So - is Tiger Seal the preferred solution, or is there some other product I should be looking at?

As ever, any help would be most appreciated!

Just done this (for the umpteenth time....) used glass adhesive acquired from a mate who fits windscreens). He uses very fine wet and dry to "rough up the glass" in the contact patch.

Our trim guy at work uses a brush on window acid etch solution which comes in a little bottle, leaves it a day then uses a tiger seal type pu adhesive, but plenty of it, in the joint and over the back of the plastic , then leaves it to fully cure over the weekend. They come out rock solid.

The problem is that the part that needs cleaning is almost inaccessible due to the combination of a narrow gap and internal ribs. My mate uses Sikaflex 292 on his boat and swears by it, so I may purchase a tube of that (if I can get a mortgage on it, that is...).