Newbury April 2024

Yep - myself and Phillywoo are meeting up at Tot Hill 8am (plus any other Shire members who drift along) before heading in to offload all our junk valuable treasure and definitely not buy anything new  :ph34r:

I'll most be in the ambulance so quite easy to spot even in a field of old Land Rovers!

Well it was busy - lots of sellers and lots of buyers judging by the almost totally full car park and the huge queue to get in.

However, seemed to be a lot of utter tat with very little decent stuff, the usual traders selling sh*tty tools that have been out in the rain every weekend... maybe I'm just old enough that I can't be ar5ed with buying crusty old tat and would rather buy and fit a new part most of the time :lol:

Didn't sell much, covered the entry fee and not much more - gave a few bits away just to get shot of them.

There were a few interesting bits here and there and a few stands selling parts for restorations and the like, but then there seemed to be an awful lot of D2/D3 breakers which are of no interest to me. We were trying to work out what a good use for a bazooka case but couldn't think of one good enough to warrant hauling it home.

Also the guys selling "recon" gearboxes which looked really smart but then it was two scruffy blokes in a rough transit, so I don't know who's brave enough to be buying a £500 "recon" gearbox from two blokes in a field :ph34r:

• Like 1

Took a wander and as above seemed a lot of tat

Almost like most of the decent bits had been stuck on Eblag and this was what was left along with all other bits to large to post

Also seemed like there was more vintage stuff than Land Rover bits TBH

Perhaps I just could'nt see the wood for the trees, but came back with very little which is unusual to say the least.

4 hours ago, Les Brock said:

Took a wander and as above seemed a lot of tat

Almost like most of the decent bits had been stuck on Eblag and this was what was left along with all other bits to large to post

Also seemed like there was more vintage stuff than Land Rover bits TBH

Perhaps I just could'nt see the wood for the trees, but came back with very little which is unusual to say the least.

Certainly the last few years it's been very variable. I'm only just up the road and didn't bother this time as I didn't need anything in particular. But thankfully it's only a nice spirited drive across the downs from home if it turns out to be terrible :lol:

I went as a seller with a friend. We had a mix of LR related items and other old tad from the back of the shed. Flogged pretty much all of the old tad and virtually nothing LR related, so we know what to bother taking next time. I didn't buy anything, but found a new carb and ducellier distributor for my dad's series 3.