New workshop project

Retroanaconda

As some of you know I’ve moved house again and am missing my old garage already, all my stuff is in storage and I have plans in place to build a new one.

I have a decent sized (8m x 5m) timber garage already but it’s not in the best condition and is not tall enough to get the cars in. So let’s rebuild it but bigger!

Plan is to knock this one down and extend the slab to then create a 9m x 6m building which will allow me to have two cars in side by side and still work on them. Planning permission (it’s not permitted development) is going in this week 👍🏻

This is the current garage, complete with lean-to and hot tub - both of which are due to go in the very near future. All being well I will extend it to the rear and at the other end where the trailer is.

IMG_8309.thumb.jpeg.764432476d75f3eb61716142973ee837.jpeg

• Like 3

Nice project !

May I suggest to include the tube in that new concrete slab for underfloor heating ?

Don't laugh, doesn't cost a lot to put in and if you can use it you never want to go back..

We're in the process of getting all the paperwork done for an "ABRI" about 37 x 6.3 x 4 mtrs. like this I build for the horses (...)

image.png.9686431be95e346ea2e6bc26f5caeafc.png

Once that ABRI is finished, HerLadyShip allows me to build myself a new office and workshop..

Bon Courage !

The lean-to is gone, leaving a nice space for my temporary shed which will be around 3m x 2.5m. This will become the garden shed elsewhere once the main workshop is built, so it will be built to be moveable.

Then I’ll put a replacement lean-to up in this location for storage of various bits and bobs.

064f7e91-1685-4cce-8892-53f0c305fe48.thumb.jpeg.c46145c624fcfb5ea6373668dafce015.jpeg