Seats For Challenge Vehicle

steffUK

What about the ones that the military have fitted to the wolf WMIK's? think they're exmoor trim (i just looked on their site and it's not listed, but you could ring them).

they're a kind of open mesh type thing. hose-able.

I remember speakng to James (JST) about some things at work. And he said that they had a truck in with these seats. Sort of like a hammock type seat from what I gather. But they weren't for sale to the public. Tied up with a nice contract to the MOD. I think.

about £500 each IIRC - bllody good seats though light weight, wont hold water (mesh) height and rake adjustable

see if you can find a WMIK gunners seat picture.

The yanks use suspension seats which have a large outer padded frame and you are effectively suspended within this frame- very very effective, you can't hit the frame because of the design- and off road they are very very comfy. http://www.mastercraftseats.com/sportsman.php although there are a couple of suppliers http://www.racing-seats-usa.com/suspension-seats.html

Does that mean you think there cheap ? :lol::ph34r:

The only trouble i can see with the Mesh seat is that they are porbaly flat? Thus no support.?

Anyone found a pic yet?

Jim

:lol:

When I saw then in the flesh they looked even more supportive than the pictures in superpants' link suggests.

Just another question, how do you guys mount 3 or 4 point seatbelts in a truckcab?

Straight on the rollcage or just mount them on the truckcab?

thx

H.

I mounted mine with the lap straps to the original lower seat belt mounts and the shoulder straps to the truck cab rear bulk head just below where the lower section meets the upper and put a large spreader plate on the back side. The only trouble with this is you have to make sure you have harnesses that will shorten enough to do it. Originally I was going to sandwich through the bulk head and fasten them to the cage/tray. Thing that put me off is a heavy roll that could possibly bend the cage will also drag the harness back and cut you in half :o :o

QT services rang me in response to my Email, fair play to them.

The seats are on the shelf, ready to ship.

A seat, cushion, and the quick release mount (as Jim mentions above) are £255 each plus VAT. They have made them not as deep as a normal bucket seat to make them easier to get in and out of for a challenge truck. The quick release mount will fit straight on to a defender seat runner and you can take them out just by removing one pin.

The the other option is seat, cushion and the one part of subframe that they must have to give the seat its strength which is £180 each +VAT.

I think thats pretty reasonable looking at the seats, they are perfect for what we want. The price of some of the seats ive looked at they are not out of the way price wise.

Better go rattle my piggy bank, I'm really skint :( and really want a set :D !

Been into Qt today as Steve90 said £180 +vat which includes the seat subframe & cushion which is pvc. They do 2 designs, comp safri which is slightly laid back & a bit longer, and the challenge seat which is very upright position & quite short in length. Ideal for the taller person. You can buy the seats without the subframe for £150+. The meet & excede MSA rules apparently. Very well made indeed. I did manage to get some pics of both which Ill try a post later.

Adrian

I bought my seats for £80 for the pair NEW :D , there really comfortable, there not waterproof but who care's your going to get wet anyway, they take a few days to dry after pressure washing them down, but at at that price so what!! When i was looking for a bucket seat i wanted something that would offer good support and not too deep so its easy to get in and out.

Ive had them for a year now, used and abused them and they still look like new after a good pressure wash :)

ebay

they look like this.

DSC03148.jpg

P1050026.JPG

I use a pair of Recaro's out of a late V6 Ford Capri, superbly comfortable, low sided ideal for access, and built for a larger than average arse ( no, not the driver Adrian), dead strong frame and I've bolted the down directly to a piece of alloy on top of the seat box,nice and low,

and if you really want comfort they're heated as well, no Adrian I didn't dare connect them, fancy getting a shock when you hit the water, you could blow more than a fuse!!!! :wacko::blink:

I use a pair of Recaro's out of a late V6 Ford Capri, superbly comfortable, low sided ideal for access, and built for a larger than average arse ( no, not the driver Adrian), dead strong frame and I've bolted the down directly to a piece of alloy on top of the seat box,nice and low,

and if you really want comfort they're heated as well, no Adrian I didn't dare connect them, fancy getting a shock when you hit the water, you could blow more than a fuse!!!! :wacko::blink:

Pikey has a pair of leather recaro's in his disco. Really nice seats and didn't cost him too much but they are just too thick in the back for my 90 which is why I like the QT ones. They work out thinner than the landrover seats so I might even gain some room. They are a bucket but not too deep (Adrians getting old now, no wonder he has trouble getting in, Him getting in Jims truck must be like my Gran trying to get in her metro! :lol:)

The ones that Chris posted look good, excellent for the money, Again tho, wonder how thick they are in the back.

Steve 90, what I should have added is my truckcab bulkhead and cab rear has been moved back by 8 inches because I'm 6'4" so was getting a bit cramped in a standard truckcab, so the Recaro back is no problem in reality, just comfy,

I know Adrian is at a delicate age but he still appears to move well,

I give my 10 year old German Sheperd Dog some stuff called Metacam which is remarkably good for his joints and keeps him very active and he's still chasing cats and squirrells very well, mmm I wonder? :rolleyes: