aldi specials

callum

not sure if this stuff is any good or not, but someone reckoned the 'netto' offerings were alright.

we dont have any nettos in scotland so this is maybe the next best thing.

air tools and compressor.

http://www.aldi.co.uk/special_buys/index.html

could be carp, i dont know shall give one or two items a shot though have paid sod all for some good stuff from lidle, so shall see waht happens (have also paid sod all for some 'less good' stuff from lidl)

Thanks Callum,

my 30+ years old "bitsa" compressor has just blown a hole in its receiver, internal rust I presume.

I'm halfway through a Rangie restoration and coming to the bit where I need a compressor more and more.

I'll get one of these as a stopgap until I can raise the funds for a better one.

For £60 it's worth a gamble.

Bob :)

In germany (where ALDI come from) the thursday specials would be available from Thursday onwards and when they had gone they had gone. I remember queuing one morning an hour before they opened to get a scanner for my computer. They had full computer systems on offer about half price. There were enough people queing to have left many dissapointed.

So is answer to your question the offers are available FROM thursday onwards but when they've gone they've gone

I've just been looking at the tool kits that go with the compressor and want to know if the air impact wrench kit would run off of a compressor this small?? I know the details for the compressor say it's compatible with all the other air tools, but not the wrench!

Any opinions, cos I might go and get one on Thursday!!??

Dosn't say what the CFM rating is for the compressor, but the rattle gun reckons it needs 4CFM (which isn't loads) and I would be loathe to belive it. a 24l reservoir also isn't much, but for the money it's got to be worth a go!

hehehe, everyone's going to be switching to air it seems. need to buy some airline and pushfit connectors from screwfix or something. plumbed in air round the garage is ace, handy for cleaning up swarf too and shooting at friends (just joking...don't do that it could potentially be quite dangerous)

'who kitted out your garage?'...'aldi baby!'

FYI at the Ford Dealership where I served part of my apprenticeship they used an Aldi compressor, never had a problem running more than one tool at a time, it even ran my Ingersol Rand 2135QTI without an issue so it gets a thumbs up from me

I was quite taken by the Mixed Perennials myself... :unsure:

Does anyone know whether this Thursday Special Buy thing means it only Thursday?

Rog

round our way thursday at aldi used to be mad, people queue from about 6 in the morning car park full by 8

once saw 2 blokes knockin hell out of each other over a cheap chop saw

Quieter now as I reckon everyones got the stuff, but expect the usual "Shed men" there on Thursday

Stuff/stock seems to go slower now, so might even last the week, but to be sure its 9.00 am start

have purchased a fair share of stuff over the years, never had problem with tools, but they are ok with other stuff returned

you pay for what you get but it does seem better value

Just been into the local Aldi to see what is there. Came away with an angle grinder for £8.99! And 2 packs of 18(?) skinny disks at 2.99 a pack. :)

I discovered when I got to the checkout that they do not take credit cards, only debit cards. Worth noting.

Chris

You do have locking wheel nuts..............don't you??!!

All the Aldi's I know are in, shall we say, 'suspect' areas!!! I shall be borrowing a pool car from work, I think!!

My Local Aldi is on a main road quite near an "executive" style housing estate. As for the Merc, it cost us £500 last summer, more room inside than the Rangie, and yes, we do have locking wheelnuts plus 3 rather stroppy dogs inside too! I'll probably leave the equally stroppy wife in it too....far too posh to be seen inside Aldi. Hope she doesn't read this forum!

just bought that compressor this morning. A guy behind me with two in the trolley and another 4 guys in the car park loading them in the boot. Looks ok, impact wrench looks the same as the one I used in the garage so I'll give it a go later today and see what its like.

ps. get your selvesdown there for grinding disks, £3 for 14!

Jas

Yeah, I got one too. Long queue of ageing petrolheads like me with nothing else in their trolleys.

Compressor came with some useful goodies, even though I had most already.

Seems well made if a bit noisy but for 60 quid I can live with that. Instruction booklet good and clear English.

Only downside is the air fittings are different to those on my old compressor so I'll need to get some new ones for the rest of my kit.

Got the nail gun too, don't know why really but it may come in useful some time and at that price you can't go wrong.

Thanks to Callum for the heads up.