Radio 2 Poll

najw

They have announced this morning a poll to discover 'which vehicles you would most like to see banned from Britain's roads'.

Examples given are Bicycles, Caravans and of course 4x4s.

(Never understood personally why you would ban a vehicle on the basis of its transmission design) :blink:

Anyhoo, they are asking for nominations by text to VINE followed by your suggestion

The Top 10 nominations will be put forward for a live phone vote one day next week.

My suggestions would be:

1 Eastern European Artics

2 Anything driven by someone over 80

3 Audi TTs

4 Anything capable of more than 100mph

5 Anything not capable of carrying more than 4 adults

6 Anything used to take Mr Vine to work each day

Your thoughts?

Can i add a few,

7, taxi drivers

8, women in unsuitably large vehicle with blacked out windows and sunglasses on.

9, Bmw drivers in the outside lane talking on there phones.

10, saab drivers for who can't aford a bmw but stick 2" front your bumper trying to emulate the greatest driving machine.

11, delivery drivers that deliver late and forget half your packages then have to come back and moan at you.

Can i add a few,

7, taxi drivers

8, women in unsuitably large vehicle with blacked out windows and sunglasses on.

9, Bmw drivers in the outside lane talking on there phones.

10, saab drivers for who can't aford a bmw but stick 2" front your bumper trying to emulate the greatest driving machine.

11, delivery drivers that deliver late and forget half your packages then have to come back and moan at you.

BMW and Merc I find tend to under take more then overtake..

Number 8 is the only reason that 4x4's hit the press :angry: if it was not for them we would all have been left alowne

Anyone who sits in lane 3, waiting for everyone to get out of the way so they can overtake. When everyone's doing it, it becomes a one-lane road.

Actually, no, keep them. Then I can quietly drift up lane 1 with a higher average speed and a safer braking distance.

Why not ban banning?

Drivers who insist on having their rear fog lights on when there is absolutely no need for it.

If they can't bluddy well see a big warning light on the dash telling them the lights are on, what else aren't they looking for?

Plus, it smacks of a lack of consideration. :angry::angry::angry:

What about "Wan**r radio 2 presenters" ?

Paul

Just for the record on a similar matter as to why 4x4s are always so bloody controversial, my 300 Defender and the Wife’s 1.9TDI Passat (2002) went in for an MOT yesterday and the Defender emissions were significantly lower than the Passat's. I do run it on Lucas Injector cleaner (with a bit of diesel of course) but even so....

I'm afraid that's down to the poor emissions kit that MOT stations have. There may be less smoke but the CO2, NOx etc levels will be much worse on the LR. Proper emissions kit is £100,000s upwards so it's just not affordable or practical to test cars annually.

I'm afraid that's down to the poor emissions kit that MOT stations have. There may be less smoke but the CO2, NOx etc levels will be much worse on the LR. Proper emissions kit is £100,000s upwards so it's just not affordable or practical to test cars annually.

It made me feel better for nearly 24hrs though, thanks anyway

Audi drivers as they have an inferiority complex over BMW/Merc drivers so seem to drive like twice as much of a wan*er to make up for it <_<

Anyone who drives with their foglights on when it's not foggy deserves to be shot, then shot again, then run over, then shot a bit more. It's ignorant/inconsiderate and shows that you are unaware of the basic functions of your own vehicle.

Anyone who drives with their foglights on when it's not foggy deserves to be shot, then shot again, then run over, then shot a bit more. It's ignorant/inconsiderate and shows that you are unaware of the basic functions of your own vehicle.

Agreed for rear fogs, but fronts are a different matter, they are for cruz'n with just side lights and fogs on init B)

School run mums in ANY MAKE of car!!

What the hell is wrong with walking, especially if its less than a mile.

How nice is it to drive to work in the school holidays. I think that the school hols see a 30% reduction in morning rush hour traffic. And they dont give a flying t0ss for anyone else!!!

Agreed for rear fogs, but fronts are a different matter, they are for cruz'n with just side lights and fogs on init B)

Were all childish here

:lol::lol::lol:

I had my front fogs on this morning while driving up due to the fog..on the M3

I still remember a copper years ago asking what I hoped to see with them at 95 on a Motorway in my old R21 Quadra turbo.. :blush:

BMW and Merc I find tend to under take more then overtake..

a touch off topic but made me smile

crakcing moment on the M40 last night when the merc in front of me decided to undertake the car in the outside lane. just as he pulled level it flicked on the blue lights :D . do not pass, hand over £60, etc

crakcing moment on the M40 last night when the merc in front of me decided to undertake the car in the outside lane. just as he pulled level it flicked on the blue lights :D . do not pass, hand over £60, etc

:hysterical:

Audi drivers as they have an inferiority complex over BMW/Merc drivers so seem to drive like twice as much of a wan*er to make up for it <_<

Sorry John :huh: ...

I thought the question was 'what vehicles would you ban?' so far I have only seen votes for drivers... to be honest if you're an ar$e in a Beemer you going to be an ar$e in a datsun....

Personally I would ban HGVs on local roads at peak times...

Mark

Did you know you're allowed to undertake if you're keeping up with traffic - EG if the other lanes are moving slow and yours is moving fast. If someone (even a copper) is sat in the middle lane you can undertake if the fast lane is full, however diving under someone just for the hell of it will still land you in trouble. Personally I undertake lane-hogging idiots all the time as I figure if a copper is watching they will be more interested in the numpty sat at 50 in the middle of the road than me trying to keep moving at 70.

Also has anyone noticed that on the 4-lane sections of the M25 you end up with the middle two lanes full of idiots driving within 1mph of each other (and usually only 1mph faster than the inside lane) who will NOT pull over :angry: which forces everyone else into the fast lane just to get by them.

Vauxhall corsas - ghaaaaa! I'm with SniffPetrol on those... :rolleyes:

Did you know you're allowed to undertake if you're keeping up with traffic - EG if the other lanes are moving slow and yours is moving fast. If someone (even a copper) is sat in the middle lane you can undertake if the fast lane is full, however diving under someone just for the hell of it will still land you in trouble. Personally I undertake lane-hogging idiots all the time as I figure if a copper is watching they will be more interested in the numpty sat at 50 in the middle of the road than me trying to keep moving at 70.

Also has anyone noticed that on the 4-lane sections of the M25 you end up with the middle two lanes full of idiots driving within 1mph of each other (and usually only 1mph faster than the inside lane) who will NOT pull over :angry: which forces everyone else into the fast lane just to get by them.

Vauxhall corsas - ghaaaaa! I'm with SniffPetrol on those... :rolleyes:

I don't get overtaken much as I don't tend to hang about.

I do have a habbit of sitting in the slow and doing the exact variable speed limit no matter what the other three lanes are doing.

the M25 is servival of the fittest it not a motorway its more of a thunder domb :lol:

Why do we have to ban anything? 'Banning' is such a bull-in-chinashop approach to legislation. Clever legislation would make it uneconomic or unattractive to <insert irritant>, but still mean you were able if you had to. For example, HGVs in town centres? We're already there, they're horrible places for 38 tonnes, so the trunk roads look more attractive. If you have a problem with HGVs, this is a symptom of insufficient attractive alternatives. Where necessary, charge them until they find an alternative route, but blanket-banning them won't help.

Homework: apply this logic to a problem of your choice.

I'm getting really fed up of being beaten up for being driving a 'gas guzzler'.

This makes my blood boil.

Perhaps its time to send a message to the likes of the BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/cgiemail/radi...common_form.txt

can you all (who wish) please cut & paste in the following:

Which vehicle do you want voted off the road?

Answer: Whatever Jeremey Vine drives.

Why have you nominated this particular vehicle?

Answer:Because yet again a once unbiased journalist has climbed aboard the tabloid bandwagon and chosen to wrongly target 4x4 vehicles by adding the adjective "polluting" to their listing. Why aren't bicycles described as "hard-to-see" and caravans described as "obstructive"?

Please pass this on - to other clubs & club members........with enough identical votes they may end up with a different debate from the one they want to 'manufacture'!

Being mostly metal - my Landrover ia almost 100% recyclable - is a Prius?