What colour is my Landy?

Someone was asking on my V8 transplant thread about the official colour of my 90. Thought I would post a separate topic to get the experts views?

Its the original colour that it came in so can anyone name it?

IMG_2817.JPG

Stu

P.S......It wont be thing colour for much longer. Have not decided on the new colour so what does everyone think I should change it too?

You could well be right, however don't forget that the hue and saturation of the colour viewed on your screen will depend on your monitor (TFT, LCD, CRT, etc), so base any buying decisions on what you see on the screen. :unsure:

I beg to differ Kev, you will find Aries Blue listed (Windjammer/Aries Blue), wheather it is correct or not is a different matter. :lol:

On a 90 or 110 it's known as ARLES blue, same as mine, on a Discovery it's Windjammer & on a RRC it's Pacific :D

Polly_x your 90 is Trident green, don't see very many around in that colour.

this bit of the colour charts give the paint code [which you will not find on the vehicle anywhere] & the years of use :i-m_so_happy:

I'm gonna be boring now! I like the way it looks , faded weather beaten paintwork and galv. trim. they dont make em like that any more. Is it my imagination or dont the later paints fade like the old ones did, paint looks plastic now

Guest dew110CSW

I reckon mines probobly faded a bit since it left Solihull 30th of January 1989, I just one or two little patches that need touching uo (Bulkhead corners being main ones) and a colour code is very helpful, cheers chaps!

Western - That chart lists my blue as 90-97, yet I've seen loads of 89 CSW's in that colour, and mines Jan 89 so not like it was a "1990 specification" or anything like that.

Western - That chart lists my blue as 90-97, yet I've seen loads of 89 CSW's in that colour, and mines Jan 89 so not like it was a "1990 specification" or anything like that.

IIRC it came in for the 1990 model year, so yours will be as mine a 1990 spec 110 county, mine was first reg in October '89.

Guest dew110CSW

It left the factory Jan 30th 1989, Plates first issued 13th of March 1989 and it was with it's second owner by Jan '90, so it seems very early to be a 90 spec model.

More likely a early '89 model year then, just for comparison purposes the last 8 digits of my chassis is FA399958, yours should be a lower number but possibly the same FA year code FA = '89, GA = '90, the colours for 1990 would have been brought in early to prove them on vehicles before the 1990 model year was released, so going on that mines a late '89 but to almost '90 spec, when the Defender name & 200Tdi came on stream.

It left the factory Jan 30th 1989, Plates first issued 13th of March 1989 and it was with it's second owner by Jan '90, so it seems very early to be a 90 spec model.

When thinking about model years remember thet the year the vehicle is built is not usually that of the model year, i.e. 08 model year Range Rover was launched in late 06